Syracuse vs. Notre Dame game thread | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs. Notre Dame game thread

Libero2 said:
3 for the kick, the 6 on the pick 6 and I was kind enough to give us the 2pt conversion due to momentum putting us down 8
Well if we can change outcomes of actual plays that happened, I'm giving hunt a td on the throw to west and Whigham the td at the end of the half. I'm also giving us two point conversions on both, so we're actually now tied 31-31.

It's an on sides kick. What are you expecting? It's a Hail Mary play

Going to come down to a 2 point conversion for the SU cover?

It's an on sides kick. What are you expecting? It's a Hail Mary play

Don't you usually put all your guys on one side of the field, and then kick it over to that side and try to get it to bounce?

He kicked a grounder up the middle and tried to go get it himself.

This many injuries in a short week leading up to Louisville...SMH.

Estime is now broken given that the game is over can we just run and go home?

Lits44 said:
It's 28-15. How does that math amount to one possession?
Coaches shouldn't be posting from the sideline

Estime is now broken given that the game is over can we just run and go home?
No. We have to play our first stringers against their second stringers. Duh.

Ok. Showing the 1992 Ohio State footage was just a completely gratuitous kick in the nuts.

Not sure why any starters are still out there. Friday's game is the season.
No worries. According to 690, Ville is just as bad as we are. Should be a 7-6 burner.

On the positive side, the TE playing QB who can't throw, threw for 294.

And the WR who some say doesn't belong on the field caught 8 for 103.

I am going to wait to decide my final thoughts until I have a chance to see the replay, but it appeared to me that we decided to make Golson beat us with his passing game - and he did. He completed 25 straight, 32 of 39 in all, an 82% completion rate and 4 TDs. For what it is worth, we did hold him to 21 yards rushing on 10 carries.

We got beat in just about every area tonight. We obviously couldn't cover anyone and we weren't particularly stellar at stopping their run game either.

ND simply is faster and stronger - they manhandled our OLine. Hunt was stymied in the run game and he was inaccurate - again.

I don't really think ND is a top ten team and I think they could lose as many as three games. They won't overcome 5 TO's against the likes of Stanford, FSU and USC like they did tonight.
This of course means we aren't a very good team at this point and I fear we won't be unless Hunt gets better.

This is the second game where receivers were open and Hunt missed them - sometimes rather badly. We can only go as far a Hunt can take us and that is not looking very good right now.

West had a really great game ( 8 catches for 103 yards)and Ben Lewis had another good game (3 catches for 58 yards - long of 46).

When your punter is your leading rusher, you get an idea of how poorly the OLine fared.

By the way, ND either scored or turned it over - they never punted.

Nice pick 6 by Esk and nice int by Reddish. I don't even want to talk about the scoop and score than Whigham should have had.

The best thing we can say at this point in the season is that we are 0 and 0 in conference play. We'll see if we can right the ship by Friday night.

See ya at the Dome.

And please burn those butt ugly warm up suits they called uniforms. Could we please stop prancing around in new non-orange uniforms and play some freakin football?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom