Syracuse watches F Chris McCullough '14 from CT | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse watches F Chris McCullough '14 from CT

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
my_normal.jpg

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline

Florida, Syracuse, Villanova & Northwestern will watch Chris McCullough, a 2014 forward from Salisbury (CT), workout tonight.
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

His offensive game is eerily similar to a high school aged Carmelo. Attacks the basket the same way and has that great touch around the rim that Melo had. Has that quick second jump/get his own misses. His jump shot looks a lot like Melo's at that point in his career as well...he even dunks like a younger Melo did. If his game progresses much more this kid could easily be a top 5 player in his class.

Sooo young though. Class of 2014. Yeesh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWppLotzabw

Reminds me of Kevin Durant. Long and athletic. Could be 6'10 by time he's done growing. That's impressive athleticism for a kid his size.

His offensive game is eerily similar to a high school aged Carmelo. Attacks the basket the same way and has that great touch around the rim that Melo had. Has that quick second jump/get his own misses. His jump shot looks a lot like Melo's at that point in his career as well...he even dunks like a younger Melo did. If his game progresses much more this kid could easily be a top 5 player in his class.

Sooo young though. Class of 2014. Yeesh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWppLotzabw

i agree im struggling to imagine what this years freshman will be like..yet alone the ones that are 2 years away

i agree im struggling to imagine what this years freshman will be like..yet alone the ones that are 2 years away
will be interesting to se what 2 years of physical maturity can do for this kid

Its not just physical maturity, its bball maturity and confidence as well.

Thats what impressed me so much about Melo when I first saw him in Orange. He knew how good he was and played like he'd been the number one option at SU for 3 years. The first time I saw him pivot, square up back the defender off with a look and swish a jumper I knew that he was BIG TIME. He was scaring off defenders just by looking at them right from the begginning.

He will be visiting St. John's for Midnight Madness this year