Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game

My mistake this past few weeks was keeping a lot of money on the sidelines. I sold off guys who went to AFCON or the Asian Cup, sold Thor when he got hurt, but went for cheaper guys, leaving 10M on the sidelines to enable me to rebuy those guys when they came back. Cost me too many points, holding on to hopes that the player might only miss a game or two. Should not have focused on keeping my powder dry.

Cunha being out for a while and Hwang being gtd is brutal for my Wolves chances of moving into top 8. Also may not help a few of you guys who have them on your team.

This double week followed by a no game week for squads is going to make decisions interesting.

Cunha being out for a while and Hwang being gtd is brutal for my Wolves chances of moving into top 8. Also may not help a few of you guys who have them on your team.

This double week followed by a no game week for squads is going to make decisions interesting.

The double weeks, combined with midweek games, really messed me up last season. Trying to get back on track, while barely holding on to 1st place.

5 teams within 40 points of the top spot in the Syracusefan.com FPL league right now, starting to bunch up & make things interesting. Guy Fawkes making a big push into first with a 20+ point cushion! I think there will be a few more twists & turns to come, it’s heating up!

5 teams within 40 points of the top spot in the Syracusefan.com FPL league right now, starting to bunch up & make things interesting. Guy Fawkes making a big push into first with a 20+ point cushion! I think there will be a few more twists & turns to come, it’s heating up!

Yeah, AFCON messed me up. I still need a couple more transfers to get my team back in order.

I never made any transfers when Trent and Haaland were injured, and Son and Hwang were at Asian Cup and it's bit me.. :(

Nice to see our league very competitive this year and not JDubbin running away with it, like years past lol

I never made any transfers when Trent and Haaland were injured, and Son and Hwang were at Asian Cup and it's bit me.. :(

Nice to see our league very competitive this year and not JDubbin running away with it, like years past lol
Haha, not sure if I feel the same;)

Standings are close and Week 29 for me is lining up to be a dumpster fire. Think I’ll take that zeros instead of exceeding transfer limits based on the slate of matches. Not sure I could bet positive return. Played my free week early in the season without any thought/strategy.

Standings are close and Week 29 for me is lining up to be a dumpster fire. Think I’ll take that zeros instead of exceeding transfer limits based on the slate of matches. Not sure I could bet positive return. Played my free week early in the season without any thought/strategy.

A few weeks ago, I took a 16 point hit for doing a group of transfers. Took me out of first place. Beware.

I used my Free Hit this week to have 11 players and gonna end up with like 20 points... :oops:

I want to freaking kill myself this week.

I left Ollie Watkins on the bench, because he tweaked his hamstring last week.
Of course he plays, and scores a double. Thirteen points left on the bench!

Instead, somehow Pep Guardiola sits Phil Foden, a guy who scored a hat trick in his last game!! Didn't get a sniff. Not one minute. He's the guy I chose over Ollie. This is why I hate Pep! LOL You can't take his guys in Fantasy, because he rotates them so much.

On top of that, Tottenham hasn't been great lately. I keep Son and Romero in my lineup, but sit down Pedro Porro. Or course he goes for 11 points. SMH

Twenty four points left on the bench this week. Somehow, I still got 50 points this week, but I could have opened up some daylight with a little luck this week in terms of my team selection.

Whew, IthacaMatt, captaining Palmer this week might be what you need to push out & finish first for this season! A hat trick at halftime for him. Still a few weeks to go, but this might be the moment for you! Definitely creating the needed separation from the group.

Whew, IthacaMatt, captaining Palmer this week might be what you need to push out & finish first for this season! A hat trick at halftime for him. Still a few weeks to go, but this might be the moment for you! Definitely creating the needed separation from the group.

I have a big week coming up next week, too.
But 4 goals from Palmer was special. LOL

That first goal was insane.
It was like he was toying with the CB.
Nutmeg, back heel pass in the give and go, then the composure to just calmly put that into the corner on the first touch.

That first goal was insane.
It was like he was toying with the CB.
Nutmeg, back heel pass in the give and go, then the composure to just calmly put that into the corner on the first touch.

That was a beautiful thing. LOL

Big week for everyone next week. Double weeks for several teams.

Not to play mind games with you, Guy Fawkes, but I think your team is perhaps worst positioned for the run in, with so much money invested in high-end players who are not at their best right now.

Ought to be a great week!

Last edited: