Syracusefan.com Road Trips and Board Tailgate(s) | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com Road Trips and Board Tailgate(s)

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
The schedule didn't set up as well as I liked however I will be organizing 1 minor road trip and 1 major road trip. PayPal will be the payment of choice...I will make a few exceptions for our more senior fans if they want to pay by check. Get your PayPal account set up now. www.paypal.com

September 13th @Central Michigan University Tickets/parking will be cheap (group rate of $10-15 for tix and $10 for parking). I will probably stop at 50 tix. I expect to get a small caravan of cars to leave CNY and stop in Rochester for more cars. (I will drive through Canada over and back so get your Passport or enhanced Drivers license) Depending on game time we'll leave Friday afternoon or early Saturday morning. Expect 1 or 2 nights in a motel for the road trip. I'm leaning to going over Friday even if the game is Saturday evening.

October 18th @Wake Forest University Why did I pick this over Clemson? Simply it is a much easier game to set up. Tickets (group rate around $20-30) and parking (about $15) will be on the lower end for an ACC game and the seats will be excellent. Wake Forest has a great tailgate scene. My initial contact led me to believe they would work with me for both tickets and parking. This one will be limited to about 200 tix. Notes: I found RDU is much cheaper than the Greensboro Airport for most. Also, Wake Forest University isn't in Wake Forest, NC but it is in Winston-Salem. FYI: There is a Quality Inn Coliseum about 1 mile NE of the stadium (531 Akron Drive) that hasn't jacked up the room rates yet. I got a Government Rate for $71.99 a night. I think AAA is the same.

I expect payment for Wake Forest in early July and Central Michigan in late July.

The MetLife Notre Dame game should run the same as last year for tickets (special Syracusefan.com link) I will not attend this year. I have to run a golf tournament for work the day prior. :(
Board Tailgate: Two games this year: I'll be up for the Maryland game and this will be the primary SyracuseFan.com tailgate. The Florida State game (over Columbus Day Weekend) will be the secondary SyracuseFan.com tailgate. Long Distance folks book accordingly.

Last edited:
Admin: Please tack for a month or so and allow comments. Thanks

The schedule didn't set up as well as I liked however I will be organizing 1 minor road trip and 1 major road trip. PayPal will be the payment of choice...I will make a few exceptions for our more senior fans if they want to pay by check. Get your PayPal account set up now. www.paypal.com

September 13th @Central Michigan University Tickets/parking will be cheap (group rate of $10-15 for tix and $10 for parking). I will probably stop at 50 tix. I expect to get a small caravan of cars to leave CNY and stop in Rochester for more cars. (I will drive through Canada over and back so get your Passport or enhanced Drivers license) Depending on game time we'll leave Friday afternoon or early Saturday morning. Expect 1 or 2 nights in a motel for the road trip. I'm leaning to going over Friday even if the game is Saturday evening.

October 18th @Wake Forest University Why did I pick this over Clemson? Simply it is a much easier game to set up. Tickets (group rate around $20-30) and parking (about $15) will be on the lower end for an ACC game and the seats will be excellent. Wake Forest has a great tailgate scene. My initial contact led me to believe they would work with me for both tickets and parking. This one will be limited to about 200 tix. Notes: I found RDU is much cheaper than the Greensboro Airport for most. Also, Wake Forest University isn't in Wake Forest, NC but it is in Winston-Salem. FYI: There is a Quality Inn Coliseum about 1 mile NE of the stadium (531 Akron Drive) that hasn't jacked up the room rates yet. I got a Government Rate for $71.99 a night. I think AAA is the same.

I expect payment for Wake Forest in early July and Central Michigan in late July.

The MetLife Notre Dame game should run the same as last year for tickets (special Syracusefan.com link) I will not attend this year. I have to run a golf tournament for work the day prior. :(
Board Tailgate: Two games this year: I'll be up for the Maryland game and this will be the primary SyracuseFan.com tailgate. The Florida State game (over Columbus Day Weekend) will be the secondary SyracuseFan.com tailgate. Long Distance folks book accordingly.

I'll be there for Wake Forest and will help any way I can Mark. Will have a bigger group again, will update when I know more!

Thanks, Mark. Sorry we won't be seeing you for the ND game. Any thoughts on when the ND tickets will be on sale?

No Clemson :(
You are actually better to get your tix through SU this game. I don't think they can block 200+ tickets for me. Wake Forest can.

If anyone wants to try to put together a smaller group for Clemson...call their ticket office. Find out if they do group sales and how many you have to buy to qualify. Please share on the board.

JackBauer and Crusty...I hearby deputize both for the tailgate.

Thanks, Mark. Sorry we won't be seeing you for the ND game. Any thoughts on when the ND tickets will be on sale?

mid March is my guess...but I really hope SU ticket office is really busy then working Dallas tickets and they delay till early April like last year.

Update:

Talked to WFU this am and we have our ticket guy to work with us. I told him 200 tickets. He guesses about $25-30 for a ticket. Pricing hasn't been set yet.

He expects we'll be in Section 13 (20 yard line). The vistors Section is 11+12 (endzone-10 yard line)
http://wakeforestsports.cstv.com/ph...s/m-footbl/auto_pdf/detailed-eastside-map.pdf

Parking we will have a few options. All sound good. If he can't get us into a permit lot we can either go into the baseball field or the cash lot at the basketball arena across the street. All this is dependant on what events WFU is doing that weekend. WFU's tailgate scene is awesome and the weather (crossing fingers) should be in the 60s or 70s.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...3/misc_non_event/2013-season-parking-info.pdf

Last edited:
Update:

Talk to WFU and we have our ticket guy to work with us. I told him 200 tickets. He guesses about $25-30 for a ticket. Pricing hasn't been set yet.

He expects we'll be in Section 13 (20 yard line). The vistors Section is 11+12 (endzone-10 yard line)
http://wakeforestsports.cstv.com/ph...s/m-footbl/auto_pdf/detailed-eastside-map.pdf

Parking we will have a few options. All sound good. If he can't get us into a permit lot we can either go into the baseball field or the cash lot at the basketball arena across the street. All this is dependant on what events WFU is doing that weekend. WFU's tailgate scene is awesome and the weather (crossing fingers) should be in the 60s or 70s.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...3/misc_non_event/2013-season-parking-info.pdf

I'll take a photo of the Wake Basketball Arena Lot when I go to the game on Wednesday. It's very big and would make for some good tailgating. I would estimate the Stadium being up the road by about a half mile.

I'll take a photo of the Wake Basketball Arena Lot when I go to the game on Wednesday. It's very big and would make for some good tailgating. I would estimate the Stadium being up the road by about a half mile.

Awesome...take a few pics of the stadium too. Ask around for some advice where we can have a Friday night get together to watch football and drink a few beers/iced teas. I'd like a moderately priced place with TVs.

Wake is drive able. I'd love to make this one. I'll probably do home opener and obviously Pitt! I wish you were doing Pitt,but it's easy to see why not.

Met Life ( side trip to Bethpage Black ) and Wake for me.

Met Life ( side trip to Bethpage Black ) and Wake for me.

Nice...have fun sleeping in the car for Bethpage.

BTW, if you are interested in CMU I plan to organize a caravan.

I wouldn't recommend playing the black unless you are a 10 or under. Could be really long day on top of a really long wait.

Planning on doing WFU unless I relocate with work within the next six months. Also hoping to do Clempson with bnoro and BlackKnight if possible.

Think you should leave on Friday for Mt. Pleasant Michigan. It's a 10 hour drive from Alex Bay , where you can pick me up!:D

Planning on Wake, Clemson, and BC...may be hard to do WF and CU on back to back weeks, unless I can stay in the Carolinas.

MetLife and BC definites for me. Will think about Wake and / or Clemson

Definitely going to met Life for ND. Maryland looks good. One more Syracuse trip TBD but probably NOT FSU.

Best course I ever played. Man is that a challenge. Walking a course is quite a chore on top of the evil nature of the course itself.

Awesome...take a few pics of the stadium too. Ask around for some advice where we can have a Friday night get together to watch football and drink a few beers/iced teas. I'd like a moderately priced place with TVs.

Putter's Patio and Grill is located just west of the stadium. It looks like a good spot to have a Friday get together. h/t: creatorsgame
http://www.putterspatioandgrill.com/

The only downside is they stop serving at 10pm. When time gets closer I'll call them and see what time they stop serving drinks.

Mark, I'll have 2 for Wake Forest. (Unless you're not starting to take the official count yet.)

We'll start the official count after the Final Four...I hope you didn't get stuck on I-85 yesterday.

We'll start the official count after the Final Four...I hope you didn't get stuck on I-85 yesterday.

I was smart enough to schedule inspections yesterday morning in Northeast Georgia and make it home by 1:00 PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom