SyracuseFan.com Tailgate? | Syracusefan.com

SyracuseFan.com Tailgate?

suloyalfan

2nd String
Just wondering if there was going to be a tailgate prior to the game?

Wife and I are making the trip down on the Anthony Travel bus and were looking for something to do around the stadium before the game.

Thoughts?

I hear it's less of a tailgate and more local bars

Yup. And it's totally dependent on weather. In 2010 we just parked and went straight to the bars right outside the stadium

You might want to consider hitting a bar in Manhattan and taking the D train to the Stadium.

Everybody should keep in mind that the B train does not run on weekends.

Everybody should keep in mind that the B train does not run on weekends.

Care to elaborate at all on the subject of public transportation? ie what D and B trains are (lol).

I am going to be with a large group, including BlackKnight who has done this before, but added information is always helpful.

the D stand for Dumbflucks on the west side. go to Grand Central on the East Side, take the 4. :cool:

last time, did Manhattan and the Bronx. tend to think there was no need to do that, wasted drinking time in the commute from borough to borough.

did take a cab to cut down on travel time. i got the express cab, put bayside and cto in the local :eek:

although, there should be less danger of catching a 'local' on a saturday afternoon, than on a thursday.

im staying in a hotel by the meadowlands and taking the train in most likely..is that in any way a B train thing? i know the boston transit but i never cared to try and figure out nyc..to much for my brain to handle. i just read signs and do it that way. no memorization.

im staying in a hotel by the meadowlands and taking the train in most likely..is that in any way a B train thing? i know the boston transit but i never cared to try and figure out nyc..to much for my brain to handle. i just read signs and do it that way. no memorization.

No, the NJ Transit train is not related to the B.

Okay, not a problem. There typically isn't too much of a problem finding SOMETHING to do or somewhere to go in NYC. I suspect that we'll have a few hours to kill before the game... that's enough time to leave the area around the stadium and still get back in time for kickoff.

the D stand for Dumbflucks on the west side. go to Grand Central on the East Side, take the 4. :cool:

last time, did Manhattan and the Bronx. tend to think there was no need to do that, wasted drinking time in the commute from borough to borough.

did take a cab to cut down on travel time. i got the express cab, put bayside and cto in the local :eek:

although, there should be less danger of catching a 'local' on a saturday afternoon, than on a thursday.
Yes, our "local" cab ride was somewhat memorable. I kept saying "But that's a gypsy cab," but Bayside insisted that we take it. He is not a good NYC guide. Subway is absolutely the best way to go. On either the east or west side.

You might want to consider hitting a bar in Manhattan and taking the D train to the Stadium.
Metro North local trains als0 stop at Yankee Stadium (you can get on at Grand Central or 125th Street).

Metro North local trains als0 stop at Yankee Stadium (you can get on at Grand Central or 125th Street).
Best way to get to Yankee Stadium is on the Metro North. Park in one of the river towns across the Tappan Zee, enjoy the Hudson, and then take the train to the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom