Szmyt | Syracusefan.com

Szmyt

You guys, if he makes just six more field goals in the next three games Andre Szmyt will have the most field goals in a season by a college kicker ALL TIME.

Like, since Rutgers started losing football games in 1869. All freaking time.

Kinda still hope we only get touchdowns though.

Last edited:
The kid is good but young. I still say Gary Anderson was better, even at Syracuse.

And he should be in the Hall of Fame.

You have to factor in the offense he is playing in. It is built to set kicking records.
Gary? Lol. Not even close to this guy

Olindo Mare and the T-Shirt Jerk were both outstanding. Gary Anderson was probably our best ever.
Yeah no one close in that group. I was thinking Nate trout maybe

Gary? Lol. Not even close to this guy

He's had a brilliant year. But part of his success this year is that he's scoring 18 points a game all by himself That's unheard of around here. He has been awesome, no question. But it's early days. He's only a freshman.

You guys, if he makes just four more field goals in the next three games Andre Szmyt will have the most field goals in a season by a college kicker ALL TIME.

Like, since Rutgers started losing football games in 1869. All freaking time.

Kinda still hope we only get touchdowns though.

With all due respect, I hope we score all TDs from here on out and he doesn't get those three FGs.

But what an accomplishment. Kid is unreal.

Yeah no one close in that group. I was thinking Nate trout maybe

I don't have their records in front of me right now, but Anderson was an All Pro for four years, Mare had a tremendous NFL career, too. And Nate Trout and Dave Jacobs were also quite good in college.

You might think they each missed some big ones, but I recall them putting up numbers that a lot of other schools would be happy to have their kickers performing so well. I recall from those days us having some ridiculous multi-year streak (10 years?) of never having missed a PAT, across something like 3 different kickers. Does anybody else remember that?

Yes, Szymt is having a best-ever year. I hope he can keep it up. I feel like we have had an awful lot of very good kickers here.

He's had a brilliant year. But part of his success this year is that he's scoring 18 points a game all by himself That's unheard of around here. He has been awesome, no question. But it's early days. He's only a freshman.
A freshman? Will he get worse! He’s made 45 XP’s and 23/25 fgs

Sorry he has 26 made. The record is 31 by Billy Bennet of Georgia in 2003.

John Biskup!

I just feel like naming last Syracuse kickers.

He was the name who came to mind for me but his FG% wasn't fantastic in hindsight. Not bad at all, just not as great as I remembered

John Biskup

I don't have their records in front of me right now, but Anderson was an All Pro for four years, Mare had a tremendous NFL career, too. And Nate Trout and Dave Jacobs were also quite good in college.

You might think they each missed some big ones, but I recall them putting up numbers that a lot of other schools would be happy to have their kickers performing so well. I recall from those days us having some ridiculous multi-year streak (10 years?) of never having missed a PAT, across something like 3 different kickers. Does anybody else remember that?

Yes, Szymt is having a best-ever year. I hope he can keep it up. I feel like we have had an awful lot of very good kickers here.
To be clear GA made 42/56 in his career!
Sorry he has 26 made. The record is 31 by Billy Bennet of Georgia in 2003.
I have Szmyt at 27/29 fgs and 51/51 xps

When did they change the width of the fieldgoal posts? Wasn't that in the late 80's or early '90's?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom