T Hunts injury | Syracusefan.com

T Hunts injury

Honestly, and you hate to say this about anyone, Hunt not going down on that play would’ve been catastrophic for our program. If you don’t believe me, look at who else was being considered when we hired Dino and how they’ve done since. Dungey redshirts, Dino doesn’t come here, we probably hire some garbage coach who was with him on that final list of candidates and are currently in the middle of debating whether to give him a 4th year, which would seem relatively hopeless. Eric Dungey’s emergence saved this program.

I think he would’ve found his way on the field regardless. There were kids who’d been in the program that he jumped.

I remember being somewhat shocked when he was the first one to enter when T Hunt went down. I think the assumption was that Wilson was next in line or AJ.

Players always find a way to get on the field.

I think he would’ve found his way on the field regardless. There were kids who’d been in the program that he jumped.

I remember being somewhat shocked when he was the first one to enter when T Hunt went down. I think the assumption was that Wilson was next in line or AJ.

Players always find a way to get on the field.
Dungey was the surprise of camp. He was #2 on the depth chart going into the first week.

Dungey was the surprise of camp. He was #2 on the depth chart going into the first week.
Players were saying in August 2015 that Dungey was the best QB on the team. Schafer did some funny things but I'm guessing that Dungey was going to find his way onto the field. I also think that Shafer was going to be canned if he didn't go .500. Coyle wanted a fresh start.

I might be 100% wrong... and I remember hearing whispers, but, I do not remember seeing him listed 2nd on the depth chart.

I wish I had that good of a memory.

***I stand corrected, he was an OR with Austin Wilson

Syracuse football depth chart (Rhode Island)

I remember a big debate on the board when Dungey was emerging in the preseason. I was staunchly in the redshirt camp, unless he was going to play a lot.

He ended up playing a lot.

If Amie plays the Dungey role and somehow out plays Devito sign me.up! TD is the best QB recruit since McNabb probably. He is also a better passer than Dungey. I just hope an injury does not force the issue. I liked T Hunt a lot I wish he had never played QB at SU, he may be in the NFL now if he had switched positions.
Its a relief our backup Is not "OR Austin Wilson."

After I saw Dungey's first few plays I thought he was an upgrade over Hunt. Hunt had the experience but Dungey had that something that makes someone a playmaker. That was clear after that first game. Hunt wasn't good enough to save HCSS's job. Hopefully Dino still comes despite not knowing about Dungey.

Dungey may have just found his way onto the field regardless.

He would have.

It’s probably silly to say, but Hunt looked lousy in the few series he played in that opener. And IIRC he got hurt on a play where he didn’t see a wide open receiver and scrambled instead. That team wasn’t going anywhere no matter who was at QB.

I suspect Dungey would have gotten a lot of snaps that year even if Hunt hadn’t been hurt.

Terrell Hunt was a classy guy. I remember how he visited Orangeyes a number of times in the hospital, alone and with others. He waited in the huge line at his wake too - impressive guy who went through heck physically while here. Will always respect Terrell and the type of person he was and how he handled all the adversity during his time here.(Smart young man who also earned his Masters while here too)

During camp, whenever Shafer was asked about Dungey a big smile came to his face.

Hunt had distinct limitations - Eric was going to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom