Tackling yesterday | Syracusefan.com

Tackling yesterday

florange44

Scout Team
That was the worst tackling game all year. By a lot.

I think we learned again that practicing soft doesn’t lead to good results. GERG thud practices, last year no hitting in practice because of low numbers, and now last week because of flu (?). When you don’t practice physically, you don’t play physically.

May not have mattered given our offense ineptitude, but we sure looked overmatched on the defensive side of the ball.

Maybe Dino had two bad choices, practice hard and lose a bunch of players to the flu, or practice soft and subsequently play soft. Neither would hav ended well for us.

That was the worst tackling game all year. By a lot.

I think we learned again that practicing soft doesn’t lead to good results. GERG thud practices, last year no hitting in practice because of low numbers, and now last week because of flu (?). When you don’t practice physically, you don’t play physically.

May not have mattered given our offense ineptitude, but we sure looked overmatched on the defensive side of the ball.

Maybe Dino had two bad choices, practice hard and lose a bunch of players to the flu, or practice soft and subsequently play soft. Neither would hav ended well for us.

Who knows how many guys were actually sick but it sure looked like a team that was laid up for two weeks and not practicing much

This year’s team has been the best tackling team I’ve ever seen. I have no explanation for what happened yesterday.

But I think there’s a difference between a team with above average talent having a mediocre season, and a team with mediocre talent having a mediocre em season. Sometimes you’re going to get exposed. Yesterday was their day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom