Taking OV to SU 12/10/21 | Syracusefan.com

Taking OV to SU 12/10/21

If there are any other visitors either the staff or the visitors aren't interested in making it public.
If I may ask, and it’s kind of a ridiculous question when you think about it, but how often does (or do you suspect) that these silent visits occur? I know we sometimes hear after the fact, but any guess or informed opinion on this? Thanks as always CL!

If I may ask, and it’s kind of a ridiculous question when you think about it, but how often does (or do you suspect) that these silent visits occur? I know we sometimes hear after the fact, but any guess or informed opinion on this? Thanks as always CL!
Last OV weekend Verse visited. So there is always a possibility. Also some kids don't tweet out about their visits until after the fact.

Last OV weekend Verse visited. So there is always a possibility. Also some kids don't tweet out about their visits until after the fact.
I understand. I was asking if you think or know if that happens very often? I suspect it is not very often (say, once or twice a recruiting cycle), but was curious if you had any insight.

I understand. I was asking if you think or know if that happens very often? I suspect it is not very often (say, once or twice a recruiting cycle), but was curious if you had any insight.
There have always been kids who haven't put out anything on social media until after a visit. Not that unusual.

Does it bother you when kids dont want their visit known publicly?
It’s Christmas time! Aren’t secrets and surprises what we are all about right now? I just hope there’s a present or two under our orange (Christmas) tree!

Does it bother you when kids dont want their visit known publicly?

If the kids don't share that's 1000% fine. If the coaching staff is asking kids to keep everything quiet that's a joke. One of my kids was being recruited for lacrosse, if a coach had said please keep it quiet that you're visiting. I would have immediately crossed that school off his list. Frankly, the kid should be finding the best school and fit for himself and putting it out there to generate more interest and have more options. If the kid was OK with being 'hidden' away then he should commit to that school and be done with it. The ridiculous secrecy of this staff is nauseating. (I'll refrain from continuing to bang on this drum.)

If the kids don't share that's 1000% fine. If the coaching staff is asking kids to keep everything quiet that's a joke. One of my kids was being recruited for lacrosse, if a coach had said please keep it quiet that you're visiting. I would have immediately crossed that school off his list. Frankly, the kid should be finding the best school and fit for himself. If the kid was OK with being 'hidden' away then he should commit to that school and be done with it.
Most of those kids in your initial post in this thread didn't tweet out about their visit this weekend.

I Think It Moved.gif

If the coaching staff is asking kids to keep everything quiet that's a joke.
How can you say its a joke when you don't know how many players the staff has landed when disguising their interest level? Why would you think they are telling kids to be quiet? lol, I dont know of any coach in any sport that will tell a kid to keep quiet about their interest. I've never heard of that. If you heard of anyone doing that please share. I would suggest for them to get fired. That's insane

How can you say its a joke when you don't know how many players the staff has landed when disguising their interest level? Why would you think they are telling kids to be quiet? lol, I dont know of any coach in any sport that will tell a kid to keep quiet about their interest. I've never heard of that. If you heard of anyone doing that please share. I would suggest for them to get fired. That's insane

didn't you say the staff didn't want his visit here to get out publicly?

didn't you say the staff didn't want his visit here to get out publicly?
No I asked you if it bothers you when a kid doesn’t want it known. I said nothing about the coaches.

So if keeping interest level quiet is a joke then tell me why it’s a joke and what evidence do you have that shows it hasn’t worked with certain kids. I will assume most teams play this game. If not all.