Class of 2017 - Talent | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Talent

orangefog

Certified Message Board Genius
Does everyone understand the kind of talent we are in deep with for the class of 2017? There are those that know way more than I do, but I am excited about the guys we have a serious chance with. We are all excited about Tyus Battle, as am I, but Michael Porter, Trevon Dubal, Mohamed Bamba, Nic Richards...holy cow. Not to mention Diallo, MJ Walker among others. I am not sure how many scholarships we will have, but no matter what the team needs are, we are involved with guys that could step in and fill any gaps we might have for a serious run in 2018. Who do you all think we will be able to land in 2017?

Porter and Nic Richards would be my dream class [assuming that Battle returns for a second year]. We would be LOADED...
I agree. Do you prefer Richards over Bamba? Or do you just think he is more likely, and certainly more likely to stay more than a year?

I agree. Do you prefer Richards over Bamba? Or do you just think he is more likely, and certainly more likely to stay more than a year?

Just more likely -- would love to land Bamba, if we could. But I think Richards could be a stud in his own right.

Just more likely -- would love to land Bamba, if we could. But I think Richards could be a stud in his own right.
I agree, either of them would be a big get. But Bamba is sick. I think Richards will probably be in school for a couple of years. Bamba, probably not.

To land any 1 of Porter, Duval, Bamba would be great. Getting 1 of those plus Richards would be beyond gravy to me. I think we're loaded even if we come up short with most of these guys, but some serious potential in any 4 of them.

To land any 1 of Porter, Duval, Bamba would be great. Getting 1 of those plus Richards would be beyond gravy to me. I think we're loaded even if we come up short with most of these guys, but some serious potential in any 4 of them.
And beyond them, we are involved with guys like Diallo and Jordan Tucker. In most classes, Tucker would be the gem. He may be a McDonald's All American, but he would no better than 6th ranked kid on our board. The coaches are putting in some work. If we get some scholarships back, look out. I can see them selling these kids on sending JB out with a bang.

And beyond them, we are involved with guys like Diallo and Jordan Tucker. In most classes, Tucker would be the gem. He may be a McDonald's All American, but he would no better than 6th ranked kid on our board. The coaches are putting in some work. If we get some scholarships back, look out. I can see them selling these kids on sending JB out with a bang.
With a bang? What about the boom? ;)

boom.jpg

If we somehow wound up with Duval/Porter/Richards...holy hell. I'm going on the assumption that Battle will be gone, but that would still be an absolutely stacked team in '17-18.

Hey, Tee .. we grabbed Badabing (Washington) and Badaboom (Mo Neal) in '16 for FB. And then we got Badabing and Badaboom in MBB for '16 (see below). Are you projecting a triple Badabing and Badaboom (MBB) in '17?

Chukwu -1.jpg
Tyus-1.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if the issues we have had with Okoboh and now Diagne will turn us off from going after some foreign born players that haven't completed all their high school in the U.S.

I wonder if the issues we have had with Okoboh and now Diagne will turn us off from going after some foreign born players that haven't completed all their high school in the U.S.
I think it will be more if the school they attend know the proper classes/courses that they need to take in order to meet NCAA standards.

Deano said:
I think it will be more if the school they attend know the proper classes/courses that they need to take in order to meet NCAA standards.

I would hope that they scrutinize this a little more going forward.

They've been burned twice now in hoops, at least once in football recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom