Talib Zanna says "It was a lucky shot." However ... | Syracusefan.com

Talib Zanna says "It was a lucky shot." However ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
Pitt senior forward Talib Zanna called it a "lucky" shot. Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim disagreed.

"It's a little lucky, but I didn't hear Duke saying they were lucky when they drove the length of the court and made an off-balance 3 to tie the game," Boeheim said, alluding an overtime victory for his team over the Blue Devils at the Carrier Dome on Feb. 1. "I didn't hear anybody say they were lucky. You have to do it. You have to make the play. The ball goes in. That's not luck. He took the shot and he made the shot. He didn't throw it up from half court or three-quarters court. He dribbled it up. He had a purpose. He got up in the air and took a good shot, and it went in. It happens sometimes, but he was poised to do it."

63d62aa032b1aa064b0f6a7067007faa.jpg

Ennis almost knocked down a half-court shot at the end of the first half to. It hit the rim.
Boehiem is spot on here, correct you are not going to win a lot of games if you have to knock down a 35 foot jumper to do it, but Ennis looked pefectly in control the whole final play, rose up and let go a shot with near perfect form. He got a nice arc and rotation on the ball. Actually, I had a feeling it was going in right after he released it. Started to rise out of my chair and then went nuts when it swished. You will certianly increase your odds of winning when you play in control and with skill.

“They lucked a shot in to beat us. They can say whatever they want: If they think that’s a skilled shot, I’d be surprised,” Boeheim snapped. “They threw up a prayer tonight it got answered.”

--Jim Boeheim, 1/30/03 at Rutgers after losing to a Herve Lamizana last-second heave.

“They lucked a shot in to beat us. They can say whatever they want: If they think that’s a skilled shot, I’d be surprised,” Boeheim snapped. “They threw up a prayer tonight it got answered.”
--Jim Boeheim, 1/30/03 at Rutgers after losing to a Herve Lamizana last-second heave.
That was a prayer, off glass as I recall.

Well that shot was lucky. a 6'10" center banking in a three was very lucky.

It's like this. I take all the hating, reverse that stuff like superman did by flying around the earth to switch everything up, take us back in time and bam, the images just appear. I don't even use the mouse.
If you follow. ;)
Doug_Henning_1976.JPG
That makes sense.

The timing was impeccable... Doris gave us a story last night, I believe midway through the 1st half when talking about Boeheim being level headed. Said something to the effect of:

"Jim never gets too up or too down, he knows there is always a winner and always a loser and there is always a reason why"

Winner: Syracuse
Loser: Pittsburgh
Why: Ennis had the ball last

It's like this. I take all the hating, reverse that stuff like superman did by flying around the earth to switch everything up, take us back in time and bam, the images just appear. I don't even use the mouse.
If you follow. ;)
Doug_Henning_1976.JPG
9b1475d8_i_understand_completely.jpg

Zanna should never have gotten a double-double. I was amazed by the no calls on moving screens, 3 seconds, and crashing the boards(over the backs).

See the thread, "What goes around comes around ..." :)

Notice how Ennis squared up his shoulders/body in mid-air, it was not like he just heaved up a prayer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom