Tamarindo | Syracusefan.com

Tamarindo

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Anyone been? There were direct flights too cheap to refuse from BWI to Liberia so was looking for a place to chill out for a week on the west coast of Costa Rica and settled on Tamarindo.

Anyone been? There were direct flights too cheap to refuse from BWI to Liberia so was looking for a place to chill out for a week on the west coast of Costa Rica and settled on Tamarindo.
I remember you posted that in that other thread. Never been there but we spent time in Montezuma which is a couple hours south of there on the Nicoya Peninsula. If it's even one tenth as cool as Montezuma, you will have the most amazing trip of your life. Those small beach towns are incredible. They are so chill. There is a reason that everything is "Pura Vida". I went there because I was watching the movie "Endless Summer" on a January day with a big blizzard and decided I was going to chase the endless summer and take a surf lesson in Costa Rica. Great movie if you never saw it about a couple surf dudes in the 60's with no money who chase the summer around the world for a year. The Endless Summer - Wikipedia

172491_1850530341216_1276966_o.jpg

175483_1850277454894_3751048_o.jpg

171868_1850493100285_2068286_o.jpg

171873_1850492180262_3408881_o.jpg

Spent 7 nights in Tamarindo. Overall opinion: Meh. Any desire to go back? Not really.

Think we may have erred on the town we chose to stay in. It's basically a surfer town. It's gorgeous but wife and I are generally food and culture tourists and felt the area was pretty weak on both accounts. It's more of a stare at the beauty of the landscape type place. Tamarindo is basically made for Americans as half the places have menu prices in dollars which is always a negative to find. Cost of things were higher than expected, pretty close to US prices on things. Not the end of the world, but pretty much everything from groceries, cabs, beers were nearly double of Mexico.

Perhaps if we stayed in the jungle somewhere it would have been more enjoyable but we were looking to sit in the sun and do as little as possible which we accomplished but could do that anywhere else too. Just didn't love anything about it and too much of the world left to explore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom