Tampa, Miami, Savannah, Charleston, Wilmington NC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tampa, Miami, Savannah, Charleston, Wilmington NC

If you can, try to be in Savannah for St. Patrick's Day. It's a blast, they really do it up. Huge parade, big party. They used to lift the open container ban for the month of March. You'd walk into a Mom & Pop Ice Cream Store, and they'd have a keg tapped.

I was about 30 when I went. I was about 40 when I left. (physically & mentally).

If you can, try to be in Savannah for St. Patrick's Day. It's a blast, they really do it up. Huge parade, big party. They used to lift the open container ban for the month of March. You'd walk into a Mom & Pop Ice Cream Store, and they'd have a keg tapped.

I was about 30 when I went. I was about 40 when I left. (physically & mentally).
It’s still open container. You can walk anywhere with an adult beverage in your hand. Very civilized

Wilmington Restaurant - Went to a place called K-38. Mexican (recommended by my seat mate flying in) . Very, very good. My son said it was the best burrito he ever had. My enchilada was very, very good. Homemade chips and salsa, excellent. Inexpensive.

Any recommendations for restaurants, bars, music scenes, fun things to do in these towns?

Leaving in a few weeks on a road trip w the wife.

My family owns property in Savannah. We put together a guide of wide variety of restaurants, bakeries and other spots that we really enjoy for our guests that stay on property. It is in pdf form. Send me a pm with your email if interested.

Big Mean Sound Machine

I’ve been waiting to see Vermont on their schedule so I could give you a heads up. Through some conversations with them they’ve been to Killington previously and thought they might be up there again. Said they were playing outdoors and it was a pain for the horn section, unsurprisingly. Haha.

It’s an all instrumental group. They have a lot of people that go in and out of the band that play different instruments but their lineup for the past two years or so has been 2 guitars, 2 drum kits (regular & bongo), synth, bass, trombone, trumpet, baritone sax.

My wife and the trombone player have struck up a pretty close friendship and they are all great people with a lot of talent.

If you wanna check out some of their new stuff off of their latest album “Running for the Ghost” the best tunes are “Van Chatter” and “Seeing the Bigger Picture.” They’re on iTunes and YouTube.

I see their opening up for The Heavy Pets in Jacksonville. They're a cool jam band based in South Florida that was started by a couple SU alums.

I see their opening up for The Heavy Pets in Jacksonville. They're a cool jam band based in South Florida that was started by a couple SU alums.

We saw BMSM at that place in Jax last year. It’s a cool little spot. We were there on a weekday so it was slow. There were some cool spots on that street but none of the bars could serve liquor. Jax was a weird town.

I know this is probably too late for you, NateW, but I just got back from a trip to Tampa/Orlando with my girlfriend. If any of you live near there or are planning a trip we fell in love with Trip's Diner. It's near the zoo and was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. (The zoo was also awesome.)

Keep me in mind if they keep the tour going over the summer and make their way up here. I like their sound.

Hey brother

Big Mean Sound Machine will be at Club Metronome in Burlington VT on June 14th. Looks like tickets are just $10.

Go to bigmeansoundmachine.com to order ticks

Hey brother

Big Mean Sound Machine will be at Club Metronome in Burlington VT on June 14th. Looks like tickets are just $10.

Go to bigmeansoundmachine.com to order ticks

Driving back from a training in Hartford that night, but I'll see if I can swing it as well! Thanks for the heads up!

Driving back from a training in Hartford that night, but I'll see if I can swing it as well! Thanks for the heads up!

Awesome... if you end up to chatting to anyone from the band or the merch guy tell them Nate and Ashley sent ya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom