Taste of Syracuse / State Fair Canceled | Syracusefan.com

Taste of Syracuse / State Fair Canceled

State fair is in freaking August and they are going to cancel it? We live in crazy times

They haven't cancelled it yet but its hard for me to see how it isn't ultimately cancelled. Social distancing would be impossible and you could have a situation where one person could literally infect tens of thousands. Its over Johnny.

State fair is in freaking August and they are going to cancel it? We live in crazy times

The NY State Fair is an enormous undertaking. They need months to prepare, and usually the majority of the contracts would already be finalized by now. I can't imaging they'll wait much longer before making a decision. Not to mention that NYS will be pretty budget poor this year.

Fair won't be 16 days. They should hold off on expansion until 2021.

Fair won't be 16 days. They should hold off on expansion until 2021.

Definitely should hold off because right now they are looking at 0 days. Also if and when the Fair is cancelled expect a major outcry because a lot of locals are in denial about the Fair and thats across all political spectrums from what I have seen on social media.

Definitely should hold off because right now they are looking at 0 days. Also if and when the Fair is cancelled expect a major outcry because a lot of locals are in denial about the Fair and thats across all political spectrums from what I have seen on social media.

I'm just waiting for Steely Dan and DMB to pull the plug at the Amp.

I'm just waiting for Steely Dan and DMB to pull the plug at the Amp.

They are waiting on the fair from what I was told but expect all concerts to be cancelled as well.

Great, the one year we could play our FCS on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, have all the attention, and we have to be installing a new roof the same year.

What are the odds.

(that’s a rhetorical question).

Syracuse Nationals will be the next big event in the spotlight. That is an economic kick in the teeth for the area if cancelled.

Syracuse Nationals will be the next big event in the spotlight. That is an economic kick in the teeth for the area if cancelled.

Ya good point I forgot about the Nationals. Gotta think that's gonna be cancelled shortly as well. Any medium/large festival or event this summer or spring is gonna be lost.

Everybody can keep their windows rolled up.

Honestly Cuomo should just go ahead and cancel this now or there's going to be more and more articles like this as we move into summer and more locals will get false hope. Bite the bullet and do it now because its clearly not happening.

Honestly Cuomo should just go ahead and cancel this now or there's going to be more and more articles like this as we move into summer and more locals will get false hope. Bite the bullet and do it now because its clearly not happening.

Yup. I think it’s safe to say that 2020 is a wrap for any kind of large gathering: concerts, fairs, festivals, games with crowds - they ain’t happening.

Cuomo in his presser from Syracuse today essentially said the Syracuse National car show and State Fair are canceled.

Cuomo in his presser from Syracuse today essentially said the Syracuse National car show and State Fair are canceled.

People are not gonna sit on their hands in their homes all summer. Maybe till Memorial Day but buy 4th July no way. You wanna cancel big public events/gatherings for the Summer fine. But you have better have things reopened least depending on Region based for people to go out and do (with precautions and modifications built in) The point is you can't keep people locked in their homes all summer only able to go out for groceries, certain errands, and doctor apointments.