Tate Martell transferring from OSU to Miami to UNLV | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tate Martell transferring from OSU to Miami to UNLV

Hardship...? Maybe his feelings were hurt?

Essentially, yes.

-----
After Ohio State landed Fields, the relationship between Martell and the Buckeyes obviously was impacted, and “no efforts were made by Ohio State to rectify the feelings between the two,” the source said. “Tate felt it was in his and Ohio State’s best interests to transfer.

Ohio State did not object to that or try to get him to change his mind.”
-----

Here were the behind-the-scenes factors that convinced the NCAA to OK Martell’s waiver

It just smacks of favoritism for the big name schools. I understand that players should be able to transfer and play. But until you make the other changes to the system in college sports, you just cannot have players jumping around unchecked. If you do, there will be a dozen top programs, and no one else will ever compete. Might just as well scrap it. I am confident that if this kid were transferring to Syracuse or Illinois or Missouri, his waiver would never have been approved. There is enough recent history here - see Adams and Jackson - to suggest there is a double standard at play here.

Essentially, yes.

-----
After Ohio State landed Fields, the relationship between Martell and the Buckeyes obviously was impacted, and “no efforts were made by Ohio State to rectify the feelings between the two,” the source said. “Tate felt it was in his and Ohio State’s best interests to transfer.

Ohio State did not object to that or try to get him to change his mind.”
-----

Here were the behind-the-scenes factors that convinced the NCAA to OK Martell’s waiver
Still total BS. Rules don't count if your current team doesn't care. Now take a #2, who will get limited (if any) playing time. Team wants you for depth, now you can't transfer for playing time- which is what just likely happened to Martell.

So do you have to violate team rules, take a dump on the coaches desk, or something else? Just don't give a crap? Be a total a$$hat? For them to let you go? BS. Not even close to fair and equitable .

Last edited:
Wait a minute, so The U is now a darling of the NCAA? Complete with special treatment and lots of looking the other way? Man...never thought I would say it, but I miss the '90s.

Is there a way to protest this clear inequality?
Every player that had to sit on a transfer should petition for that year back. All at the same time, with Martell's lawyers.

Heck. Every player that had to sit behind someone for a year should get that year back. If their name was Tate, they could have transferred, and not had to sit that year.

Everyone gets the Martel rule, or no one does.

Last edited:
Hey...at least the NCAA isn't trying to hid their agenda anymore, give them credit for that. Next we'll see Kentucky getting Davis, Wall and Cousins back to play for them in the NCAA's some year because they didn't use all their eligibility.

Miami fan base keeping it classy with the name calling of Tate.

This means Williams is a baller. Good for the conference (IMO) if Miami gets their mojo back.

Tate is a playmaker . Problem for him is he isn’t day in day out accurate and that’s where you don’t win the job . If Tate played by default or injury he would be a player but to win a job without playing in a game is tough for him . I saw him at elite 11 and I wasn’t impressed. But we played him in high school and he made plays .

Its not too late to right your wrong VD and Gowdy
How many years would he have to sit behind Devito?

I kid, I kid. SU is still the right choice, of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom