tavon austin's all purpose numbers | Syracusefan.com

tavon austin's all purpose numbers

Millhouse

Living Legend
598 rushing
1266 receiving
165 punt
738 kickoff return

now granted, even I could have a couple hundred yards on a couple hundred kick returns on WV just running for my life to the sideline

it's pretty amazing that he's not first in the country. some western ky guy i never heard of.

if Holgy does one thing well, it's making sure that the ball is in the hands of his best playmakers on 95% of their possessions.

what's also amazing is that he would be a LOCK for the Heisman trophy if he played for ND, but do it for WVU and you don't even get consideration

598 rushing
1266 receiving
165 punt
738 kickoff return

now granted, even I could have a couple hundred yards on a couple hundred kick returns on WV just running for my life to the sideline

it's pretty amazing that he's not first in the country. some western ky guy i never heard of.

Tavon Austin is an amazing player to watch.

Not sure you, or any of us on here would even make it to the sideline though. Best bet would be to run forward until someone was within 5 yards and just fall down.

if Holgy does one thing well, it's making sure that the ball is in the hands of his best playmakers on 95% of their possessions.
If i remember right, not one geno smith pass hit the ground last game. (one was intercepted)

someday someone will figure out how to make the air raid work in a way where your defense can be prepared. a lot of people think the problem is just that the best athletes are on offense but i think there's more to it than that. I think the offense is so good that it's impossible for your defense to learn anything against it. It's like trying to learn how to fight by going against Fedor. You're not going to learn anything, you're just going to get embarrassed.

maybe it's why the factories are more likely to go vanilla - the point of those offenses isn't to score, those offenses just exist to train the defense.

598 rushing
1266 receiving
165 punt
738 kickoff return

R

Compare to Rocket Ismail's Heisman runner-up year of 1990:
Two-time first-team All-American as sophomore in '89 and junior in '90 and a unanimous pick in '90 when he finished second in Heisman Trophy voting behind BYU's Ty Detmer . . . became starter on 1988 national championship squad with 12 catches for 331 yards and two touchdowns, while returning 12 kickoffs for 433 yards and two TDs . . . had 64 rushing carries for 478 yards and two TDs in '89 and caught 27 passes for 535 yards . . . returned 20 kickoffs for 502 yards and two TDs with seven punt returns for 113 yards and one TD in '89 . . . Walter Camp Player of the Year in '90 . . . had 67 rushing carries for 537 yards and three TDs in '90, 32 pass receptions for 699 yards and two TDs, 14 kickoff returns for 336 yards and one TD while returning 13 punts for 151 yards

what is scarier is that WV has 4-5 guys with his speed and ability in space and we haven't had one since like Kevin Johnson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom