Taylor and Bell | Syracusefan.com

Taylor and Bell

SWC75

Bored Historian
Listening to Brent Axe. He wonders if Justin will now cut into Joe's playing time at the '2'. Someday Justin and Chris may be starting together. Who should be the '2' and who should be the '3', or does it matter?

Chris Bell is 6-7 180 He's 9/16 from two, (56.3%), 8/24 from three (33.3%) and 0/0 from the line. Per 40 minutes he's averaging 12.6p 1.5r 0.9a 0.6s 0.0b
Justin Taylor is 6-6 205 He's 5/12 from two (41.7%), 4/11 from three (36.4%) and 10/13 from the line (76.9%). Per 40 minutes he's averaging 16.4p 5.6r 1.0a 2.1s 0.5b

Last edited:
Listneign to bent Axe. He wonders if Justin will now cut into Joe's playing time at the '2'. Someday Justin and Chris may be starting together. Who should be the '2' and who should be the '3', or does it matter?

Chris Bell is 6-7 180 He's 9/16 from two, (56.3%), 8/24 from three (33.3%) and 0/0 from the line. Per 40 minutes he's averaging 12.6p 1.5r 0.9a 0.6s 0.0b
Justin Taylor is 6-6 205 He's 5/12 from two (41.7%), 4/11 from three (36.4%) and 10/13 from the line (76.9%). Per 40 minutes he's averaging 16.4p 5.6r 1.0a 2.1s 0.5b
rebounding numbers, extra weight seem to favor JT down on the blocks in the zone. those FT volumes are impressive too, his effective #s will be off the charts if he keeps that up.

Listneign to bent Axe. He wonders if Justin will now cut into Joe's playing time at the '2'. Someday Justin and Chris may be starting together. Who should be the '2' and who should be the '3', or does it matter?

Does he mean cut into Joe's time at the 2 with him bumping over to the 1 or Joe on the bench?

I like Bell, but he better figure out in a hurry how to start rebounding out of the zone in college basketball. His struggles there need to turn around right quick because we need his shooting prowess. Girard’s probably a better rebounder than both of these guys right now. I also like Taylor and think he might really be turning a corner and figuring out how to play at this level.

I would take my chance on the hot hand - Turner. Even if he had only one rebound that will get better. He was thrown into the fire and produced. With more playing time he will produce in other areas. Girard is cold as ice and committing bad turnovers at the end of the game are all he seems to come up with of late. After 3 years and still committing costly turnovers, as well as SU having to play 4 on 5 defense with his lack of commitment on defense - it is way past time to move on from him. Loyalty to Girard at the cost of the SU program is not cool. Time to move on posthaste.

One good game and JB is going to cut into Joe's minutes? I just don't see it happening.

There’s a better chance Taylor doesn‘t play tomorrow night than JB sitting Joe. How many times has a bench player had a really good game and they don’t play in the next game? It’s happened a lot.

Last edited:
Just don't see Taylor as a great fit at 2.

Love his potential as a 3.

That's predicated upon best fit for defense, which is important in our system. I think it's too much of a generalization to say yhe two and the three have the same responsibilities on offense. That's entirely dependent on the player and their capabilities. And it takes more than shooting to be an effective two.

I would take my chance on the hot hand - Turner. Even if he had only one rebound that will get better. He was thrown into the fire and produced. With more playing time he will produce in other areas. Girard is cold as ice and committing bad turnovers at the end of the game are all he seems to come up with of late. After 3 years and still committing costly turnovers, as well as SU having to play 4 on 5 defense with his lack of commitment on defense - it is way past time to move on from him. Loyalty to Girard at the cost of the SU program is not cool. Time to move on posthaste.
Play him alongside Hooch and we’re in business.

I would prefer we don’t play people who can’t dribble at the two anymore. Three years of Buddy and three years of Coony were enough thank you.
Cooney and Buddy were Marques Haynes compared to Andrew White.

I want size at the two. Somebody who can shoot over people.

And I would take Buddy at the two with this team any day of the week. The problem wasn’t Buddy as much as it was Buddy, Jimmy and Joe all at the same time.

And I would take Buddy at the two with this team any day of the week. The problem wasn’t Buddy as much as it was Buddy, Jimmy and Joe all at the same time.
Different players, but Devo, Rautins, and Waiters really spoiled me.

There’s a better chance Taylor doesn‘t play tomorrow night than JB sitting Joe. How many times has a bench player had a really good game and the doesn’t play in the next game? It’s happened a lot.
Without checking, seems similiar to some of Southerlands early days!

That's predicated upon best fit for defense, which is important in our system. I think it's too much of a generalization to say yhe two and the three have the same responsibilities on offense. That's entirely dependent on the player and their capabilities. And it takes more than shooting to be an effective two.
I agree with your post but the worst thing that can happen and most likely will happen, is he will remain on the bench and not play! 25 points on the bench because we can not split time with the 2 or the 3? WTH????

I would prefer we don’t play people who can’t dribble at the two anymore. Three years of Buddy and three years of Coony were enough thank you.
Do you want dribblers or scorers??

Ugh

Listening to Brent Axe. He wonders if Justin will now cut into Joe's playing time at the '2'. Someday Justin and Chris may be starting together. Who should be the '2' and who should be the '3', or does it matter?

Wait, Bell hasn't shot a free throw all year?

Taylor is a natural 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom