Class of 2017 - TE Aaron Hackett (FL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 TE Aaron Hackett (FL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

3-star Florida TE Aaron Hackett puts Syracuse football in Top 5; will visit in July (PS: Bailey)

Earlier in the school year, Aaron Hackett would joke around with Beckett Wales about following in his footsteps at Syracuse.

The former, a Class of 2017 tight end at Venice (Fla.) High School. The latter, an ex-Orange starter now coaching tight ends at Venice, where he once played.

Two weeks ago, those conversations turned a little more serious. That's when SU extended Hackett a scholarship offer.

"(Wales) definitely wants me to take a visit and check it out for myself," Hackett said. "He wants me to explore it and go wherever I feel most comfortable."

The 6-foot-3, 225-pound Hackett will visit SU the weekend of July 30 after checking out South Florida (July 23) and Louisville (July 16). He listed those three programs, along with Florida Atlantic and Cincinnati, in his Top 5 and is eager to find a school that can be a "home away from home."...

It's weird, on Syracuse.com's main page it says he's committed but when you click on the article it says we are in the top 5.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 31m31 minutes ago
3-star TE Aaron Hackett named Syracuse to his Top 5 along with Louisville, Cincinnati, USF and FAU. Will commit whenever he's comfortable.

LRT: 3-star TE Aaron Hackett will visit Syracuse the weekend of July 30. Also plans on visiting USF on 7/23 and possible Louisville on 7/16.

One last Hackett nugget: He was told that Syracuse plans to take two TEs this cycle, ideally one HS and one JUCO.

He looks like he has all the fundamentals down and he has good hands, nice route runner, and a good blocker. He would be a very good get.

CopQqudXgAEsqSf.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom