Class of 2017 - TE Charles Reeves JR (OH) Verbal to Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 TE Charles Reeves JR (OH) Verbal to Pitt

CuseLegacy

Visiting 2/20.

Offers include Michigan, Illinois, Nebraska, Kentucky, Pitt, Wisconsin

No Syracuse offer

Last edited:
Makes ya wonder if he has no interest in us now or a situation may have come up he had to take care of.:noidea:

Anyone know where we are with this recruit. Saw a post on Syracuse.com from someone who said we may be in the lead for him.

texascpa said:
Anyone know where we are with this recruit. Saw a post on Syracuse.com from someone who said we may be in the lead for him.

From Twitter and podcasts, seems like we will be in it to the end. He retweets A LOT of Syracuse stuff.*

* good sign, but who really knows ;)

From Twitter and podcasts, seems like we will be in it to the end. He retweets A LOT of Syracuse stuff.*

* good sign, but who really knows ;)

lol, you're right. he even has a Syracuse logo on his wall or whatever you call it. How come we haven't closed on this kid, yet!!!!

Wow, put 25lbs. of muscle and what a stud. Looks very athletic and good speed, and good hand. What little blocking highlights I saw, didn't look to bad there either.

Been a little busy the past week with other things so let me try and get caught up with Reeves.
He committed to UK in October 2015 and then decommitted on 1/20/16.

UK loses 2017 commitment

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky football 2017 recruit Charles Reeves Jr. is reopening his recruitment.

“After having a long talk with my family and coaches, I’ve decided to decommit from the University of Kentucky,” Reeves tweeted Wednesday afternoon.

The four-star tight end, according to At their request, this network is being blocked from this site., originally committed to Kentucky in October. He also boasts offers from Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Purdue. Reeves, a Steubenville, Ohio native, is ranked as the No. 6 tight end in the class of 2017 by At their request, this network is being blocked from this site..

Following Reeves’ decommitment, Kentucky currently features seven commitments in the 2017 class.

Here is an article from 6/2015. You can tell he is an Ohio football player as they all dream of getting an Ohio State offer.

Reeves Is One To Watch For 2017
Reeves Is One To Watch For 2017
http://imgix.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./130/1306122.jpg?w=50&h=50&faces=true
Bill Greene
06/22/2015
Steubenville (OH) tight end Charles Reeves is one of the top 2017 prospects in the state of Ohio, and also a player that passes the look test with ease. He impressed last week at the Ohio State camp.

The 2017 class in Ohio is shaping up to be pretty special, and tight end Charles Reeves just might be the most impressive from a physical standpoint. He played well last year as a sophomore at Steubenville.
Reeves, 6-foot-5, 240-pounds, absolutely kills the "eye test" and he showed off his skills last week at Ohio State's summer camp. He moved extremely well and caught the football impressively.
http://imgix.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./154/1546865.jpg?w=200&h=200&fit=crop&crop=faces
Charles Reeves
Steubenville HSSteubenville, OH
6'6" / 240 lbs / 4.67s

"I liked it a lot at Ohio State, and they taught me a lot of things," Reeves stated. "I really liked the coaching I received today, and I worked with Coach (Tim) Hinton. He told me to keep working on my footwork."
"I really like Ohio State a lot," he added. "They said for me to earn an offer I need to keep working on my footwork, and improving my route running. I want to come back for Friday Night Lights in July, and then maybe for a game in the fall."
"An Ohio State offer would mean a lot to me, and this is one of the schools I really like," he continued. "I also like
West Virginia a lot, and I love their offense. I liked the way they isolated Kevin White on one side of the field."
A late bloomer in Ohio last year as a sophomore, Reeves is just starting to attract recruiting attention. As people see him in person, his interest and offer list should expand greatly.
"I have two offers right now, from Michigan and Ohio University," Reeves said. "I don't know too much about Michigan right now, to be honest."
"I did good last year as a sophomore, and I got better as the year went on," he explained. "They got me the football, and I made plays for my team."

Pitt v SU here. SU needs to get him up to campus as soon as possible.

Like most OH kids, if tOSU offers he'd go there.

Pitt v SU here. SU needs to get him up to campus as soon as possible.

Like most OH kids, if tOSU offers he'd go there.
Yep. Im worried about Pitt here. Alot of buzz coming off a solid season. BTW, Is Clark still on the team there?

CL, do you know if the coaches have or are in contact with him and has he or is he going to make a visit up to SU campus. I haven't read or seen anything on this kid to see who his top so called schools are. I am sure he is somewhat familiar with HCDB system since he is not to far from EMU or BGSU.

CL, do you know if the coaches have or are in contact with him and has he or is he going to make a visit up to SU campus. I haven't read or seen anything on this kid to see who his top so called schools are. I am sure he is somewhat familiar with HCDB system since he is not to far from EMU or BGSU.
Ive heard he will most certainly OV at SU. Most likely won't unofficial.

Thanks, you are always there to answer a question. It sound pretty good then.

This is cool to see. Really think this staff is doing an excellent job recruiting.

One question - what happens with this kid if and when Ohio State offers? I'm assuming that puts an end to this. Btw, I'm surprised they haven't already if they see him as #1 TE in OH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom