Class of 2018 - TE/DE Gabe Horan (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 TE/DE Gabe Horan (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Glad to see they offered this guy. Watched him play last year and he's a beast! 6'6" 250 plus
Very impressive film. Really agile and physical too. Great closing speed on D, but it would be nice to have a TE his size.

Looks like he might outgrow the TE position someday. Looks skinny at 260.

Very impressive film. Really agile and physical too. Great closing speed on D, but it would be nice to have a TE his size.

Looks like he might outgrow the TE position someday. Looks skinny at 260.
Tom, at first glance, would you say he rates higher on offense or defense? And if he fills out - does he have the explosion for DT or the feet for OL?

Tom, at first glance, would you say he rates higher on offense or defense? And if he fills out - does he have the explosion for DT or the feet for OL?
I think he would end up starting on offense or defense for SU.

Ultimately though, I think his biggest impact would be at DE. That size and closing speed would make for a special player there.

I think he would end up starting on offense or defense for SU.

Ultimately though, I think his biggest impact would be at DE. That size and closing speed would make for a special player there.
I wonder if his father went to Henninger? I use to hang around a Horan who was well over 6' back in the day. I haven't seen him in about 10 years tho.

His release is slow off the line, he can catch intermediate routes but don't show ability to stretch the field vertically. His strength is his blocking and physicality. Defensively, reminds me of Pickard. He closes well. He plays a little to high though. I myself think he can grow into a all ACC OT.

IMG_1221.PNG

Pencil him in on the OL. Might be a good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom