Class of 2019 - TE/DE Hayden Rucci (PA) Offered/Legacy Recruit/Verbal to Wisconsin | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 TE/DE Hayden Rucci (PA) Offered/Legacy Recruit/Verbal to Wisconsin

Ok, who has the research ability to find out who the older gentleman is with him, also in a #79 Syracuse jersey? Is he the alumnus mentioned? And does that give us a good shot at this kid who is already offered by Michigan State?

Ok, who has the research ability to find out who the older gentleman is with him, also in a #79 Syracuse jersey? Is he the alumnus mentioned? And does that give us a good shot at this kid who is already offered by Michigan State?
Parents are PSU alums. Grandfather is SU Football alum.

Last edited:
Thanks. Grandpa looks proud in that picture.
Edit: I did some snooping of my own, and I am sure many here already know, but his grandfather is Tom Gilburg, a 1961 graduate of Syracuse. Tom was an offensive lineman for SU.
Catching Up With ... former Colts punter Tom Gilburg
Nice work.

Tom was a great player at Syracuse, was an an All American, played in the NFL and then became a hall of fame coach at Franklin and Marshall. One of many great coaches produced by Ben Schwarzwalder.

Franklin & Marshall

This is what happens to you when you choose to go to Syracuse...

PAcuse Isn't Lititz, the home of Hayden Rucci, Wilbur Buds and Sturgis pretzels, your area of PA?

We are about an hour west of Litiz. I went to college with a bunch of guys from Warwick High School and they would always bring Strugis Pretzels with them, still some of my favorites. If I remember Warwick plays most of their games to the west of us. I'll be checking out the schedule to see if they have any close ones the next year.

PAcuse Isn't Lititz, the home of Hayden Rucci, Wilbur Buds and Sturgis pretzels, your area of PA?
John Sutter, of Sutter's Mill Fame, was also from Lititz.

I learned that Wilbur Buds (don't get excited Syracuse fans) are not beer but small chocolate treats which closely resemble Hershey's Kisses/ They predate them by 14 years.

They must be pretty good if they have survived this long.

chocolate-image.png

The next time I am in Lititz (which would be the first time), I am gonna get some.

As for Hayden Rucci, I hope he can overcome being raised by Penn State people and return the family to where it belongs. Syracuse.

Meet Warwick's Hayden Rucci, a Penn State legacy whose recruitment is just getting started

Hey ImperialOrange haven't seen you on here much lately. Do you know anything about this kid?
I don't aside from his dad playing for the patriots but I promise I can find out for you.

Warwick hasn't been very good of late but they had a bunch of kids come through Jr. High and A team together a couple years ago that will make noise if they all keep playing.

Last edited:
Lititz is a cool town. We looked at a wedding venue there - a 250 year hotel. The best part about it was the attached English pub with an excellent full English breakfast.

General Sutter/Bulls Head Pub I presume?