Class of 2020 - TE Joshua Rawlings (PA) Verbal to UVA | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 TE Joshua Rawlings (PA) Verbal to UVA

Offers from Toledo, Howard, Temple, Akron, Kent St, UVA, William & Mary, Yale, WMU, UMass, BGSU, Ball St, Ohio U, Liberty, ECU, CMU, YSU, FIU, Pitt, Syracuse.

Is it just me or do 9 out of 10 OLB's in Western PA not know what a TE release looks like?

Difficult to haul in a TE without knowing who the new OC will be unless he is primarily an additional blocker. I hope our new OC usEd TE’s in the passing game too!

We simply MUST reincorporate the TE into the offense.

Schrader needs safety valves to optimize his potential. The resistance to using the TE is/was inexplicable. It's frankly football malpractice. I still don't understand it.

I always assumed Benson was a little overhyped. Maybe not, but why not use him more if he was as great as everyone thought? Our OC may not have been ideal, but I doubt he was a complete moron.

I did find it interesting that SWC asked Dino about TEs on that one Thursday call, Dino went on a long conversation about the importance of TEs, then threw to Benson twice on the first drive of the game (but he got hurt on the 2nd one).

I'm more bothered by Landon Morris. He leaves before the season starts, apparently after being told TEs won't be highly utilized in the passing game. And ends up at a team who just got to the ROSE BOWL by having TEs as 2 of their 3 leading receivers. If the new OC is a proponent of using the TE in the passing game, that news is going to be very disappointing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom