Class of 2018 - TE Judge Culpepper (FL) Penn St/Transferring to Toledo | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 TE Judge Culpepper (FL) Penn St/Transferring to Toledo

Yeah I know they will go after a proven HC, my point was more so that Moorhead was the real reason PSU is winning again.
My bad. Didn't realize that was the point you were making.

It would take an insane amount of money to lure him away from Creepy Valley. Would make more sense for them to go after Moorhead as he is the reason why they have turned things around.
According to this article, Franklin's buyout is only $2M. Add that to the ~$10M they would owe Sumlin. Doesn't sound exorbitant vis-a-vis Aggies boosters' ability to dig deep.

According to this article, Franklin's buyout is only $2M. Add that to the ~$10M they would owe Sumlin. Doesn't sound exorbitant vis-a-vis Aggies boosters' ability to dig deep.
Yes. That's easy Texas money.

It has zero to do with the buyout or what the owe Sumlin, it has to do with how much it would take to get him out of per year. Franklin is form PA, played college ball in PA, he is bringing in top recruiting classes, and he is already making $4.5 million plus bonus. They would have to offer him some kind of crazy number of around $6 million per year and bonus. From everything I've read and heard PSU is prepared to offer whatever it takes to keep him.

It has zero to do with the buyout or what the owe Sumlin, it has to do with how much it would take to get him out of per year. Franklin is form PA, played college ball in PA, he is bringing in top recruiting classes, and he is already making $4.5 million plus bonus. They would have to offer him some kind of crazy number of around $6 million per year and bonus. From everything I've read and heard PSU is prepared to offer whatever it takes to keep him.
But what about all that hardship from the fines assessed for pedophelia?

They can offer crazy money and there are no state income taxes in Texas.

This would be a smart move by Frankin's agent as he can get a ton of cash out of PSU by having an A&M threat. Heck, LSU as well.

They can offer crazy money and there are no state income taxes in Texas.

They do have a lot to offer. I'm not sure he would want to go to a rebuild project when he is at a current top 5 school with another crazy good class coming in, but everything is bigger in Texas so I could be wrong.

They do have a lot to offer. I'm not sure he would want to go to a rebuild project when he is at a current top 5 school with another crazy good class coming in, but everything is bigger in Texas so I could be wrong.

Maybe if he senses a scandal coming down the pike, kinda like how he vamoosed outta Vandy before the Schlitz hit the fan over the rape issue. He would have no qualms taking his recruiting class with him, since a good portion of those Vandy commits came with him. Possibly if he senses a drop off in talent, kinda like Petrino leaving the Ville the first time and them losing like 15 players to academics and breaking team policy rules

Maybe he wants back into the SEC? Like it or not, the SEC is considered the best conference and he might want back in. He had success at Vandy, and he might think that if he can do well at Vandy he can do even better at A&M with immediate access to more high end talent (not that he doesn't do well at PSU, but there's more abundant, elite talent in the A&M footprint). LSU is down and Saban can't keep coaching forever. Maybe he sees the stars aligning?

Maybe he wants back into the SEC? Like it or not, the SEC is considered the best conference and he might want back in. He had success at Vandy, and he might think that if he can do well at Vandy he can do even better at A&M with immediate access to more high end talent (not that he doesn't do well at PSU, but there's more abundant, elite talent in the A&M footprint). LSU is down and Saban can't keep coaching forever. Maybe he sees the stars aligning?
He's a ladder climber...never seems to stay anywhere for more than 1-2 years. It will be interesting to see how long he stays at PSU.

just from a football standpoint he'd be leaving a division with Ohio State and Michigan for a division with Alabama and Auburn - and LSU? IDK. As a competitor, if you want to be the best you have to beat the best (Meyer/Saban).

Would think Pedo U would match whatever aTm will offer.

Morehead is a guy we tossed around to coach here in place of Shafer. Guy has a bright future.

I wonder if Rex called Judge about knocking off Clemson and to change his mine. lol

Why didn't we push mom and dad to putting this kid on our D-line and building family bond. Its not like they are competing with one another, they are different positions. Heck the the Bossa's did it at Ohio St.

Why didn't we push mom and dad to putting this kid on our D-line and building family bond. Its not like they are competing with one another, they are different positions. Heck the the Bossa's did it at Ohio St.

Did your parents arrange your marriage?

Maybe I'm misreading this but that's kind of weird to have a kid's parents pressure him into where to go to college. You are also assuming that Rex's parents are happy with the situation at SU where their son is 3rd string QB.

My guess is they are happy to let their kids make their own decisions of where they want to be for four years. Kids go where they feel comfortable and it is no different for siblings.

The fact he was initially planning on coming here at first, and got to a point where we weren't even a finalist should tell you all you need to know.

My guess is they are happy to let their kids make their own decisions of where they want to be for four years. Kids go where they feel comfortable and it is no different for siblings.
Yup. I bet they are happy the two of them are playing relatively close to each other. There might even be some weekends when they can attend games for both their kids (mostly when Syracuse is playing at home on a Friday night).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom