Class of 2018 - TE Judge Culpepper (FL) Penn St/Transferring to Toledo | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 TE Judge Culpepper (FL) Penn St/Transferring to Toledo

Did your parents arrange your marriage?

Maybe I'm misreading this but that's kind of weird to have a kid's parents pressure him into where to go to college. You are also assuming that Rex's parents are happy with the situation at SU where their son is 3rd string QB.
Dumb comparison, but anyways parents push their kids on here all the time. And as far as Rex about being a 3rd string QB, if his parents know anything about football, and I know his father does, he played at UF, they know that he is no better than a 3rd string. Oh by the way if UF would have stuck to their offer, you can bet you life his father would have pushed him there.

Folks, we’ve had 1 player drafted since 2014, and that player was a punter. We are about to go another year with out a drafted player.

That’s 4 years of recruiting classes and 1 punter taken.

Why would we expect 6 wins again? Just because?

Folks, we’ve had 1 player drafted since 2014, and that player was a punter. We are about to go another year with out a drafted player.

I'll bite. Why wouldn't we?

If we can’t expect to get 6 wins why would elite talent choose to come here? Why expect more than a half filled dome?

It’s not a fun chicken or egg scenario.

Because we're winners!

We, as Syracuse fans are about to experience something very special with SU football. My suggestion is to sit back and enjoy the ride.

We, as Syracuse fans are about to experience something very special with SU football. My suggestion is to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Understand CIL's point, but I think for once the schedule helps us...and every year with Dino in my opinion is another year in the system and his guys playing in it. We desperately need quality depth and we're moving in that direction. I personally think we're two years away from really turning the corner but I'm a big believer in having a system coach, especially for a school like Syracuse. We're never going to win the recruiting battles -- however, we did need to upgrade the talent we were recruiting and we're doing that...if Dino keeps pulling in classes just like this one, I have no doubt he will succeed. It's why I've started donating to the football program with the explicit demand that it go to the Football program. I'm all in.

I think you misunderstood my post. We are going to get there with this staff, but we have to be patient.

To expect 6 wins over the last few years with the talent we have is unrealistic. Middle Tennessee has had the same amount of picks we have (1) over the last 4 years. BC has 11.

Seriously don't know how Ish or Erv didn't get invited to the combine. Still don't understand how Hickey never was drafted and struggled to hang onto a team.

I really believe there is some bias here. Sometimes you have to come from a favored program to get the longest look and most benefit of the doubt in the NFL.

Of course this is not always the case. Many "lower level" programs get a player in, but it truly smells more and more like it will be much tougher for players from these programs to get the same shot as others even when they might be the better option.

My opinion

Seriously don't know how Ish or Erv didn't get invited to the combine. Still don't understand how Hickey never was drafted and struggled to hang onto a team.

I really believe there is some bias here. Sometimes you have to come from a favored program to get the longest look and most benefit of the doubt in the NFL.

Of course this is not always the case. Many "lower level" programs get a player in, but it truly smells more and more like it will be much tougher for players from these programs to get the same shot as others even when they might be the better option.

My opinion
It's easy to see the NFL who coaches and GM's who pick the roster based on pedigree, rather than talent. They work at ESPN.

I offer up Mr. and Mr. Pedigree
Joe Montana (ND) and Tom Brady (UM)

It's easy to see the NFL who coaches and GM's who pick the roster based on pedigree, rather than talent. They work at ESPN.

I offer up Mr. and Mr. Pedigree
Joe Montana (ND) and Tom Brady (UM)

Are you inferring that coaches and GMs pick players based on schools rather than talent?

I could be interpreting your post incorrectly, but their jobs literally depend on getting the best players possible on their roster.

Carson Wentz was the first pick in the draft despite playing at an FCS school. Tom Brady was a very late pick despite playing at Michigan. He was drafted behind Geni Carmozzi (Hofstra) and Spurgeon Wynn (some directional Texas school).

I think you misunderstood my post. We are going to get there with this staff, but we have to be patient.

To expect 6 wins over the last few years with the talent we have is unrealistic. Middle Tennessee has had the same amount of picks we have (1) over the last 4 years. BC has 11.
How can you say to expect 6 wins over the next couple of years is unrealistic with the talent we have. I think the talent we have and what is coming in is going to surprise you CIL. Yes we are losing Ish and Erv but I believe we have in stock someone or two to step up and take control. We have improve in our DBs I feel big time. I also think the linebackers will hold their own too. We have Dungey back and healthy, "hopefully" and if he is or not we have TD backing him up this year. We won 4 games yes but probably cuz a bad call here and there, could have had 7 or 8.

It's cool...I agree with you on this.

Did judge actually sign a NLI with Ped-State?

Yes.
ok, it said "verbal" in the thread. just checking. Not sure why he'd (or anyone would) go there that had a functioning short term memory. But whatever, BOL to him.

Because at some point, more talent and depth throughout the underclassnen begins to show results. We may be at that point.

Because our “bad luck” - largely a direct result of injuries and insufficient depth - has to end sometime.

Because Babers will not fail.

How close are these brothers? Like couldn’t pass up a chance to play college football together close?

(Also, I wonder if there’s any goodwill with playing Rex in that *maybe* final game at ND)

don't know if Rex will stick around next year, but hopefully the staff treated him in a way that makes Judge and his parents really consider us, assuming we go after him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom