Class of 2019 - TE Brett Seither (FL) Portal from Georgia to Ga Tech | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 TE Brett Seither (FL) Portal from Georgia to Ga Tech

To be realistic we’re nearing, as in making progress towards, selector status. We’re not nearly there yet.

It means being able to prioritize and land whatever recruit in that specific area. Imo we’re still behind Pitt (god knows why), and well behind bama and psu in the dmv

I think we're doing well recruiting but we are nowhere near "selector" status. IMO.

Hey Brett, Narduzzi tried to kill someone with a kiwi and Michigan St offense is from the 90’s

Be nice to get a visit .. only one weekend left before signing day. Maybe CuseLegacy knows.
Since his recruitment seems to just be heating up and it looks like he has only taken two ovs he may wait until February. I don't know.

We need to work on this kid as hard as other top recruits. He is a stud in the making. I see with S&C and our coaching, in a couple year he could be one of the top TEs in college football. (If not the top) :)

He's schedule all of his visits so we'll have to get him to bump either GT (1/11) Miami (1/18) or Maryland (1/25)

He's schedule all of his visits so we'll have to get him to bump either GT (1/11) Miami (1/18) or Maryland (1/25)
Wasn't he offered by Miami before Richt retired?

Last edited:
images.jpg

While I wouldn't say this is good news, obviously, it's just not the end of all hope that it would have represented in years past. If we are seriously interested, given our success this year (yes, only one year) but also adding our trajectory, head coach, style of offense, etc., it is possible we get a visit, and if we get a visit...anything can happen.

While I wouldn't say this is good news, obviously, it's just not the end of all hope that it would have represented in years past. If we are seriously interested, given our success this year (yes, only one year) but also adding our trajectory, head coach, style of offense, etc., it is possible we get a visit, and if we get a visit...anything can happen.
Yeah but we had a good te and he didn’t get thrown too barely at all. It killed our chances of having anything nice at that spot unless benson goes orange wild. Not gonna pull these guys in until we throw to them.

Yeah but we had a good te and he didn’t get thrown too barely at all. It killed our chances of having anything nice at that spot unless benson goes orange wild. Not gonna pull these guys in until we throw to them.

Hard to argue with your logic. But as we enter the post Dungey era, things may change. Our OL development will be critical of course, but I guess only the coaches can speak to their plans. We have no video evidence to suggest otherwise, and only those who have looked at a lot of BG film might be able to chime in on this (I am not one of them, unfortunately).

Hard to argue with your logic. But as we enter the post Dungey era, things may change. Our OL development will be critical of course, but I guess only the coaches can speak to their plans. We have no video evidence to suggest otherwise, and only those who have looked at a lot of BG film might be able to chime in on this (I am not one of them, unfortunately).
Yeah me neither. Let’s hope Benson gets to run hashes and lights it up

There's been players in numerous years we've been in play for until the very end even with big names calling. I love HCDB as much as everyone but the idea that all we recruited were 2 star players and nobody else would give us a look just isn't accurate. Did we win those battles, pretty much never but this isn't some new thing that's happened in our recruiting.

Too bad -- this kid looked like a stud.

Never say never -- and I like our chances with Dino / this staff, but a Georgia offer is tough to compete against.

Keep in mind, all scholarship offers are not the same. Alabama needs a few lower level recruits to fill in roster spots because all the top players don't want to compete against each other. He may be lower end to their class but upper end to ours. Miss St, Ole Miss, and some other 'lower' level programs get players that have offers from Alabama. We have to start winning some of these type of battles. I know years of poor football have impacted some SU fans psyche but we should embrace this and not just give up as fans or as a program.

There's been players in numerous years we've been in play for until the very end even with big names calling. I love HCDB as much as everyone but the idea that all we recruited were 2 star players and nobody else would give us a look just isn't accurate. Did we win those battles, pretty much never but this isn't some new thing that's happened in our recruiting.

Your point is well taken. Perhaps I shouldn't have said "the end of all hope," but our recruiting victories in those situations were few and far between. You could probably name most of them because they were clearly not the norm. I just feel that our position is much stronger and that we will win more of these going forward. And it starts with guys like this. We need to win a few of these battles and have more success before we have a realistic shot at actually pulling in five star recruits. So, while you say--truthfully--that it isn't new, I maintain it will, shall we say, be less unusual, in the near future.
But on the heels of offers from arguably two of the top four programs in the country, I'd love to get someone like this on campus!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom