Class of 2019 - TE Brett Seither (FL) Portal from Georgia to Ga Tech | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 TE Brett Seither (FL) Portal from Georgia to Ga Tech

Your point is well taken. Perhaps I shouldn't have said "the end of all hope," but our recruiting victories in those situations were few and far between. You could probably name most of them because they were clearly not the norm. I just feel that our position is much stronger and that we will win more of these going forward. And it starts with guys like this. We need to win a few of these battles and have more success before we have a realistic shot at actually pulling in five star recruits. So, while you say--truthfully--that it isn't new, I maintain it will, shall we say, be less unusual, in the near future.
But on the heels of offers from arguably two of the top four programs in the country, I'd love to get someone like this on campus!

I don't disagree with you at all. I do like the direction our recruiting is going. I took some flak during the Shafer era because I didn't believe the recruiting was really as special as some people made it seem. It was better than in previous years but it wasn't great overall. I think we are actually headed in the right direction now, especially with the last two classes.

I'd like to think we're blowing up too. Hope I am right and we'll start to see the dividends over the coming months.
We're doing good things, but we're not out-recruiting Alabama with no real advantages blowing up.

Didn't Cornelius Nunn have an offer from Alabama? If so we already have.
Nunn had a relationship with Monroe for a long stretch. That's a considerable advantage. We just got involved with this guy and offered the same week as Bama.

Yeah but we had a good te and he didn’t get thrown too barely at all. It killed our chances of having anything nice at that spot unless benson goes orange wild. Not gonna pull these guys in until we throw to them.
Respectfully disagree. I think Pierce played sparingly in the second half of the year because he was injured. There is a ton of opportunity for a pass catching tight end in this offense. Hackett as a soph had 3 catches in the bowl game, and that's a kid who's just starting to crack the rotation.

W
Respectfully disagree. I think Pierce played sparingly in the second half of the year because he was injured. There is a ton of opportunity for a pass catching tight end in this offense. Hackett as a soph had 3 catches in the bowl game, and that's a kid who's just starting to crack the rotation.
We haven’t used the TE in 3 years in this offense. I get those special end zone instances but other than that, it’s been screen left, screen right, deep pass. Alabama, Miami and Penn State have recently sent great TE’s to the NFL. Depending on where they stand position wise I’d say this could be a long shot.

W

We haven’t used the TE in 3 years in this offense. I get those special end zone instances but other than that, it’s been screen left, screen right, deep pass. Alabama, Miami and Penn State have recently sent great TE’s to the NFL. Depending on where they stand position wise I’d say this could be a long shot.
You lost me.

Alabama, Miami and Penn State. Sent a TE to the NFL recently. You mean the teams that land 20 top 300 recruits every year put a TE in the NFL. Wow. Shocking.

we played a TE or a FB type almost all the plays in the bowl game. Pierce has been dinged. I think Dino would love to play a TE that he trusted would block when needed, Pierce was an OK run blocker but not a trusted pass blocker so we went with the BIGGER dude most of the time

and you need a QB that looks for the TE to throw to him and not sure ED was that type.

You lost me.

Alabama, Miami and Penn State. Sent a TE to the NFL recently. You mean the teams that land 20 top 300 recruits every year put a TE in the NFL. Wow. Shocking.
You do sound a little lost. So in your expert opinion, why would he choose SU over those top school that are landing top 300 talent? A program that hasn’t thrown to the TE in about 5 years?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom