Class of 2018 - TE Matt Alaimo (NJ) Portal from Rutgers to CCU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 TE Matt Alaimo (NJ) Portal from Rutgers to CCU

Looks like Alaimos father is the Head Freshman Coach at SJ Regional and Leon Clarke is DeVitos QB trainer. Small world.

So far this winter the 6-foot-4, 235-pound prospect has visited Florida, Syracuse, Princeton and Miami.

“Princeton was a nice visit,” he said. “The campus is beautiful and their education is obviously top notch.

“Miami does a great job of developing tight ends and the weather and campus were absolutely beautiful.”

What were his two favorite visits that he’s been on so far?

“I’d have to say Syracuse and Florida were my two favorite so far,” he said. “Florida was very organized as we had a graduate assistant chaperoning us the entire visit. I got to meet the academic staff, tour the campus and meet all of the coaches.

“The Syracuse visit had the sickest setup,” he said. “When we arrived and walked in the football building all of the coaches were taking pictures while shouting my name and cheering and at the end of the runway was the Ernie Davis Heisman Trophy.”

I think we have a pretty good shot at this kid. He has all the tools you want in a TE. Now he needs to hit the weights and maybe add 10-15 lbs.

I'm sure he's also familiar with the name Tommy Devito. ;)

"Alaimo made his name in baseball at St. Joe's Regional in northern New Jersey, but he has really come on as a football prospect. He has about 20 offers already and recently took a visit to Miami. He expects to visit N.C. State later this month and Florida State during the summer. Rutgers is doing a good job with the in-state prospect and it's important for the Scarlet Knights to recruit the local powerhouse programs effectively. Look for Alaimo to have a lengthy recruiting process before making any decisions. "

How can you play both ? How can you participate in spring ball and baseball ?and lift ? And bulk up and then play baseball ? Sounds crazy to me but to each there own

How can you play both ? How can you participate in spring ball and baseball ?and lift ? And bulk up and then play baseball ? Sounds crazy to me but to each there own
Duke had a football player who also played Lacrosse, so it can be done. My concern wouldn't be the athletics but rather how the kid keeps up with his academics.

Gonna have to balance it all. He wont be there for spring ball. It will be hard to do this for 4 years. He may end up giving one sport.

Off the top of my head I can think of Frank Thomas, Drew Henson, Brian Jordan and Deion Sanders who all figured out a way to make it work. I'm not saying he's in their league, I have no idea.

Off the top of my head I can think of Frank Thomas, Drew Henson, Brian Jordan and Deion Sanders who all figured out a way to make it work. I'm not saying he's in their league, I have no idea.
Bo Jackson did pretty well, too.

He decommitted from Pitt today, according to S K O W T.

Wonder if we're in the running. If Horan stays at TE, probably not. But if he's switching to the OL, I'd think the coaches would be checking w/Alaimo, who does (or did) have an SU offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom