Class of 2015 - TE/WR Westerband "West" Lindor (MO) Verbal to Brown | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE/WR Westerband "West" Lindor (MO) Verbal to Brown

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 13h
Syracuse WR target West Lindor said he currently favors SU, is eyeing an August visit. At 6-4, 205, he could be a fit at the 'Y' position.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock... Mr Parkinson.

Last edited:
Yeah and other BCS schools like Parkinson's tape better to. I've had enough of the no offer kids.

PhatOrange said:
Yeah and other BCS schools like Parkinson's tape better to. I've had enough of the no offer kids.

Should we wait and come at kids late after they have a bunch of other options?

That's what we've done on the past when our class has had like 6 commits in June. Then we've had to battle down to the wire to just secure a commit - and getting a late start on the next years class.

It seems like if the schedule has shifted forward than you're going to end up with more kids with less offers earlier, no?

I understand where you are coming from. However, this class is a bit better than you think. Right now there are 4-5 kids that are academic risks, and probably would have multiple BCS level offers should their grades be in order. This staff is taking calculated bets on these guys. My one concern, is that we get 4 kids that do not qualify.

Should we wait and come at kids late after they have a bunch of other options?

That's what we've done on the past when our class has had like 6 commits in June. Then we've had to battle down to the wire to just secure a commit - and getting a late start on the next years class.

It seems like if the schedule has shifted forward than you're going to end up with more kids with less offers earlier, no?

We should battle. We should compete for the best kids we believe we can land. If a kid has no other option he's not going anywhere. Why so loose with the offers/commits.

Getting a late start on the next class I think is total bunk. Why can't you recruit both classes at the same time? You can bring 2016 kids on campus just the same and you can send them bulk mail just the same and most of them are probably all at the same camps, combines, teams, 7v7s etc that you're already at anyways.

Last edited:
I understand where you are coming from. However, this class is a bit better than you think. Right now there are 4-5 kids that are academic risks, and probably would have multiple BCS level offers should their grades be in order. This staff is taking calculated bets on these guys. My one concern, is that we get 4 kids that do not qualify.

I can definitely see there's some talent even though the lack of interest. I just get a little ancy filling an entire class with 'under the radar kids' who'd have multi BCS offers if they were 'an inch taller' or a 'step faster'. You know what I mean. Our coaches aren't any better at evaluating talent than most of the coaches they're competing against and I do recognize they have a system and has been pointed out they want the workhorse over the prima donna. I get that, but I think there needs to be a balance.

The grade red flags are going off now because there would still appear to be a handful of kids we want. At this point i have to believe we're going a full 25 and sort it out later.

PhatOrange said:
We should battle. We should compete for the best kids we believe we can land. If a kid has no other option he's not going anywhere. Why so loose with the offers/commits. Getting a late start on the next class I think is total bunk. Whey can't you recruit both classes at the same time? You can bring 2016 kids on campus just the same and you can send them bulk mail just the same and most of them are probably all at the same camps, combines, teams, 7v7s etc that you're already at anyways.

Take it up with the staff. The posters in the know and that have had time with the coaches have said that this is the best plan. They are happy with the kids we're getting and have stated repeatedly that they are trying to get a jump on 2016.

You're assuming that the kids we have now would still have no offers in a few months? Or that they'd still be high on us if their first offer from a p5 wasn't us?

PhatOrange said:
I can definitely see there's some talent even though the lack of interest. I just get a little ancy filling an entire class with 'under the radar kids' who'd have multi BCS offers if they were 'an inch taller' or a 'step faster'. You know what I mean. Our coaches aren't any better at evaluating talent than most of the coaches they're competing against and I do recognize they have a system and has been pointed out they want the workhorse over the prima donna. I get that, but I think there needs to be a balance. The grade red flags are going off now because there would still appear to be a handful of kids we want. At this point i have to believe we're going a full 25 and sort it out later.

I think the prevailing thought is that we do have good equals tots of talent on this staff and that some of the bigger p5 schools take note when we offer a kid.

I would say that if we have 4 non-qualifiers a year and get 3 the following year or in January, and they're the impact type guys that we can't get otherwise then it's worth it. All classes are going to have risk - that's the nature of the business.

Coach P used the philosophy too - except a bunch of those high-impact guys towards the end never made it to campus. Andrey Baskin, Idris Price, Larry McClain, Chad Elliott (to an extent), Eric Ball, Ken Tinney. All those guys had high-major offers and would have been impact guys if they had made it to SU.

ya but 2 of the academic concerns have some of the biggest offer lists in the class

i still like parkinson's tape better...

Right there with you. I don't even think the tapes are a comparison, plus you have a NY kid vs a kid from Missouri. We are in a very good position. I know Parkison has been jerking them around, but we are still the favorite. I wouldn't mind waiting him out even if it went into the season. Worst case we miss on him somehow , and we go pick up some other kid. This Lindor kid just doesn't do it for me. No comparison imo. In fact when we land Parkinson imo he will be one of the 3 most talented kids in the class.

P
We should battle. We should compete for the best kids we believe we can land. If a kid has no other option he's not going anywhere. Why so loose with the offers/commits.

Getting a late start on the next class I think is total bunk. Why can't you recruit both classes at the same time? You can bring 2016 kids on campus just the same and you can send them bulk mail just the same and most of them are probably all at the same camps, combines, teams, 7v7s etc that you're already at anyways.
phat I'm pretty sure the staff got commitments from
Players that they think are realy good and can help the program. I don't think their goal is to make it exciting for Internet junkies who want a bunch of Skout 4 and 5 star players. They Identified players that they liked and went out and got them. With 7 months left in the recruiting season I'm sure a lot of these kids will get more offers. I always say never judge the class until signing day.
I think a lot if you guys just want something to comain about

As for a few kids that aren't yet qualified SU has good track record of getting most of them to campus with one or two that have prep.

Time. For every player offered, at least another 15 players are evaluated (and likely more). So, there is a limited amount of time in the day to really get into evaluating every player for 2016. Then, you also have to remember the logistics of not only getting the video, but contacting high school coaches as well (and in summers, some coaches literally go off the grid).

Big difference between assigning follow lists w/ a few offers based on conversations and actually getting into the video and evaluating these kids.

i still like parkinson's tape better...

What do you like better about Parkinsons tape? To me they looked very similar In terms of hands and hits. Both high point the ball well and display good hands which I presume is influenced by playing basketball. Similar size and neither are burners but both are go get it guys. Parkinson looks bigger butI presume tthat's just because the guys he's playing against are smaller.

What do you like better about Parkinsons tape? To me they looked very similar In terms of hands and hits. Both high point the ball well and display good hands which I presume is influenced by playing basketball. Similar size and neither are burners but both are go get it guys. Parkinson looks bigger butI presume tthat's just because the guys he's playing against are smaller.
to my untrained eye, parkinson looked bigger, faster, smoother in the hips and more athletic. Also had really good body control.

to my untrained eye, parkinson looked bigger, faster, smoother in the hips and more athletic. Also had really good body control.

Plus most of Parkinson's highlights are Sophmore highlights since he was injured most of last season.

Plus most of Parkinson's highlights are Sophmore highlights since he was injured most of last season.
I think the fact that Parkinson is from NY, while Lindor is from MO has a huge impact too. It would be huge to lock up the NY, CT, and NJ pipelines that we had in the not-so-distant past.

Could be but the bigger, stronger part to me looked like result of the size of players they were competing against. By all accounts the players are about identical in size. I thought they both displayed great body control and hands.

really don't understand this one? parkinson had us as the favorite what's the big deal waiting another few weeks?