Team summer workouts | Syracusefan.com

Team summer workouts

GooseMutt

All Conference
Anyone have any information on who’s on campus or maybe who is not here would be easier

Are they scrimmaging or mostly lifting and running. I heard Tyus is not here yet and hence my question ty

Yeah also wondering who BA practiced against and what newcomers do they think will do good for us.

Yeah also wondering who BA practiced against and what newcomers do they think will do good for us.

Yes, I remember they scrimmaged last year as many ex players were commenting on then current team talent.

Southerland raved about Hughes...which is like the 50th person now

At this point, I'm half expecting him to be the second coming of Michael Jordan... (smile).

Still, if there's actually good reason to expect that this observed potential will ultimately translate into other-team-domination this season, then you've got to figure Boeheim right now is feeling almost giddy about this team. With another Dion Waiters waiting to microwave opponents off the bench...he's got to be really happy about that...

Which means, of course, he's going to drive them really hard cuz he isn't going to want to waste the opportunity he sees. He already knows he's going to have a really good defense---barring injuries---but he's undoubtedly going to push them to become the most intimidating defensive squad that any opponent will have faced this year. You know...the kind of performances that inspire awe in your opponents?

Here's hoping you can pull it off, Jim...

Last edited:
Braswell, Buddy & Carey arrived for 2nd summer school session
Marek, Elijah, Pascal are on campus as well
Not sure about Bourama & HWJ
Frank, Oshae, & Tyus will be back next month
Thanks

Braswell, Buddy & Carey arrived for 2nd summer school session
Marek, Elijah, Pascal are on campus as well
Not sure about Bourama & HWJ
Frank, Oshae, & Tyus will be back next month
HW posted on Instagram semi recently a shot of him getting treatment on his knee in the athletic center

If Oshae isn’t doing a summer session I yhink it’s safe to say he’s leaving after this year

Those things are flawed. That being said, think Frank will have a good year with less pressure on him to play 40 mpg.
It can be flawed to Hell and back but even half correct is 45% that we would take all day long.

Those things are flawed. That being said, think Frank will have a good year with less pressure on him to play 40 mpg.

How flawed? My daughters team used one for several years. Never heard one coach or player say they were flawed. Doesn’t count shots taken correctly or made shots?

I hear Gerry's been fishing all summer.

halibut.PNG

There are a couple of good interviews on sujuiceonline. One with Devo, the other with Jsouth. Also, iirc, The post-standard “what to expect” articles had a few good nuggets from the coaches but few and far between.

Describing Carey as an ‘NBA guy,’ Devendorf said he’d be able to contribute right away, especially on the offensive end. The younger Boeheim will help space the floor with his shooting ability, while Braswell can provide quality minutes at wing.​
“Robert is a little under the radar and I think he’s going to surprise some people,” Devendorf said. “He can shoot it. He’s athletic. We’re working with him on the other end, blocking shots and rebounding.”​
That will give head coach Jim Boeheim plenty of options, which is something the team has lacked in recent years.​
“It’ll help Tyus and Oshae because they played so many minutes last year,” Devendorf said. “It’ll give Tyus a little more of a chance to be efficient out there and same with Oshae and Frank.”​
Jsouth: Jalen looks amazing, Buddy’s doing his thing, Robert’s looking good. I love Elijah Hughes. I feel like he’s a guy that everyone’s going to be noticing. He’s got a lot of fire. This team kind of reminds me of the teams that we were on when we were loaded with talent.​

How flawed? My daughters team used one for several years. Never heard one coach or player say they were flawed. Doesn’t count shots taken correctly or made shots?

The sensors need to register that the shot was taken and there’s a huge margin of error. Never seen one that’s even close to accurate...

The sensors need to register that the shot was taken and there’s a huge margin of error. Never seen one that’s even close to accurate...

Must be cheap ones. I’ve never seen one that wasn’t accurate or close enough for government work.

Must be cheap ones. I’ve never seen one that wasn’t accurate or close enough for government work.

Think it might be more about maintenance than anything else. The places I’ve seen them haven’t been stored great. I don’t doubt they work well to start...

Is 50% close enough for you?
That would certainly be good enough for the rest of us!

My brother in law uses one for high school. It's 100 percent accurate. We've tested it to make sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom