Tech Help: Apple TV | Syracusefan.com

Tech Help: Apple TV

If you want to watch ESPN programming on an Apple TV you'll still need to authenticate via a cable/satellite/telcoTV subscription.

Sorry.

WatchESPN is coming to Apple TV. How does AppleTV work if you have a Windows Computer and a Droid? I'm tired of paying TWC a ton of money each month...I reduced service but it is still too much.

Someone walk me (and I'm sure others) on what you need to get AppleTV.
http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/19/ap...shoppers-now-streaming-800k-tv-shows-per-day/

If I have to buy an IPad so be it..I loath Windows 8.
Mark, I just cut the cord, and this is great news for me. I went with a MacMini and AppleTV, plus a Costco amplified antenna similar to the Mohu Leaf antenna. More details later if you want them, but I've got to run to a Little League game.

So far, I've been OK with sports access. But it's only been three weeks.

If you want to watch ESPN programming on an Apple TV you'll still need to authenticate via a cable/satellite/telcoTV subscription.

Sorry.
Is that a cable tv subscription or a road runner subscription

Is that a cable tv subscription or a road runner subscription

if its the same as it always was, you have to have ESPN on the TV in order to get watchespn

if its the same as it always was, you have to have ESPN on the TV in order to get watchespn

Or someone with cable's username/password ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

espn has had plans to shut that loop hole down for years.. not sure why they havent bothered.

I'm not sure that's right. I think all you need is to have one of the ISP's that enable the watchESPN app... The providers are also cable tv providers as well. However if I have Comcast for Internet there is no requirement that I have their TV product to get the watchESPN app. I have Comcast for Internet and TV and when I use watchESPN I don't think it is checking my cable subscription... Just whether I have Comcast for Internet.

For the record you don't need an iPad to use the AppleTV however if you have an IPad or a Mac computer you can use the AppleTV to push what is on your computer or iPad to your TV.

I'm not sure that's right. I think all you need is to have one of the ISP's that enable the watchESPN app... The providers are also cable tv providers as well. However if I have Comcast for Internet there is no requirement that I have their TV product to get the watchESPN app. I have Comcast for Internet and TV and when I use watchESPN I don't think it is checking my cable subscription... Just whether I have Comcast for Internet.

For the record you don't need an iPad to use the AppleTV however if you have an IPad or a Mac computer you can use the AppleTV to push what is on your computer or iPad to your TV.

To stream the linear ESPN networks (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU) you need to be a cable/telco TV subscriber.

ESPN3 access is via a broadband subscription.

That was true prior to last football season. With watch espn you need cable TV service.