Class of 2017 - Tehoka Nanticoke (ON) Attack to Albany | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Tehoka Nanticoke (ON) Attack to Albany

ThruWayWest

Scout Team

If he gets into shape looks to have Thompson Bros type of game. I wonder where he will end up.

Albany is a school that is certainly in the mix however despite their efforts to recruit him, Syracuse is not a destination that Nanticoke has in mind. Rutgers, Denver and a few others have inquired as well, among others.

http://recruitingrundown.com/2015/02/08/video-emerges-for-six-nations-product-and-no-23-junior-tehoka-nanticoke-a-img-academy-fla/

Rutgers? Um OK. Probably ends up at Denver or Albany if he can get academically eligible. With the recruits Syracuse has coming in for 16, 17, and 18 I think we will survive.

Rutgers? Um OK. Probably ends up at Denver or Albany if he can get academically eligible. With the recruits Syracuse has coming in for 16, 17, and 18 I think we will survive.
Agree completely. Very exciting highlight film and it would be fun to have someone like him on our squad. However, Desko knows how to identify talent and I trust the classes we have arriving within the next few years.

Tehoka Nanticoke, A, IMG Academy (Fla.) highlights
Club affiliations: Six Nations
The most creative dodger we’ve seen since Lyle Thompson graduated from HS in 2011, Nanticoke might become the next Native American to tear up the college lacrosse ranks. Crafty and unselfish, he’s nearly impossible to take the ball away from, armed with all sorts of fakes and deception to go with a hard-nosed 6’1, 200-pound frame. Whoever lands him will get a kid that can fill up a stat sheet with flair.

http://recruitingrundown.com/2015/08/28/introducing-2016-five-stars/

Tehoka Nanticoke, A, IMG Academy (Fla.) highlights
Club affiliations: Six Nations
The most creative dodger we’ve seen since Lyle Thompson graduated from HS in 2011, Nanticoke might become the next Native American to tear up the college lacrosse ranks. Crafty and unselfish, he’s nearly impossible to take the ball away from, armed with all sorts of fakes and deception to go with a hard-nosed 6’1, 200-pound frame. Whoever lands him will get a kid that can fill up a stat sheet with flair.

http://recruitingrundown.com/2015/08/28/introducing-2016-five-stars/
Wish we knew his recruiting situation.

I heard from a close source to the kid he is going to OCC , so we may have a shot after that. I hear currently the plan is Albany after OCC. Austin Staats will be joining him at OCC…pretty good little attack right there .

I heard from a close source to the kid he is going to OCC , so we may have a shot after that. I hear currently the plan is Albany after OCC. Austin Staats will be joining him at OCC…pretty good little attack right there .
I guess Marr's 3 tournament wins in the past 14 years (with 4-5 years of Thompsons)aren't deterring recruits like I thought they would

It may be that for some recruits being allowed the freedom to dominate the ball and be the consistent focal point of the offense is more important than team success...which may explain Marr's post season record.

I guess Marr's 3 tournament wins in the past 14 years (with 4-5 years of Thompsons)aren't deterring recruits like I thought they would

The battle featured two of North America’s most heralded scorers in Hill’s Cornell-bound lefty attackman Jeff Teat (RR’s No. 30 senior) and IMG’s heralded uncommitted attackman Tehoka Nanticoke, ranked 19th in the whole class but plans to stay at IMG for a postgrad year and join the Class of 2017. Often face-guarded, slid to early and locked down by Jeff Henrich (Ohio State), Nanticoke was mostly held in check but being the player he is, he was able to get free and provide a playmaking spark at times. Teat faced the same type of treatment but still finished with four goals and three assists. Elsewhere, Denver-bound junior Riley Curtis, also a lefty, found a ton of success with a five-point day to continue an outstanding year for the Pride.

http://recruitingrundown.com/2016/0...-watch-on-friday-and-saturday-hill-img-recap/

Bummer, I think we saw this coming.
Yeah, no huge surprise here. Too bad - looks like an immense talent. I guess those SU-Albany games are going to be competitive for some years to come.

just seems like somebody at syracuse is dropping the ball again on the local native lacrosse talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom