Teisha Hyman Transferring to URI | Syracusefan.com

Teisha Hyman Transferring to URI

CoopSwoop

2nd String
1679526883045.png

I'm disappointed but this doesn't surprise me. I have no inside information but it just seemed that the new schematic and coaching did not click with her. Or maybe she's just had enough of the BS for the past 3 years and decided to move on and I can't blame her. I wish Teisha nothing but the best and hope she finds a place without so much drama.

One other thought, Wooley and Fair are best buds, maybe the person Teisha was best friends with is graduating this year and that influenced her decision. I don't know, sad to see her leave.

I'm disappointed but this doesn't surprise me. I have no inside information but it just seemed that the new schematic and coaching did not click with her. Or maybe she's just had enough of the BS for the past 3 years and decided to move on and I can't blame her. I wish Teisha nothing but the best and hope she finds a place without so much drama.
She seemed pretty inconsistent this year for some reason. I had thought maybe injuries were effecting her, maybe not. Her role on the team seemed inconsistent also.

As long as it's not Louisville but feel like it will be.

I don’t follow the women’s team too closely, but I do know that they’re still playing. Isn’t this a weird time to enter the portal?

One of Her Family members on FB was liking negative comments directed towards coach Jack. Gosh prob like a month and a half ago... With Hyman she plays amazing in some games but then has games where it looks like she just woke up 5 mins before tip. As a fan I'm forever greatful for her sticking with Cuse thru all the bull crap, but I don't blame her for moving on.

I don’t follow the women’s team too closely, but I do know that they’re still playing. Isn’t this a weird time to enter the portal?
i suspect her announcement is closely related to Fair’s announcement.

Fair and Woolley are going to play a lot of minutes at guard next season. I am guessing Teisha is looking for starter minutes and she will probably find them somewhere else.

Thought she was the best athlete on the team the last couple of years but she was not herself this season, Believe she had some DNPs and other games where she didn’t play much. When she did, she made a lot of senseless unforced turnovers and generally looked lost,

Have to believe she was hurt most or all of the season. She was a joy to watch play and I wish her well wherever she ends up. Thanks for the memories TH!

She seemed pretty inconsistent this year for some reason. I had thought maybe injuries were effecting her, maybe not. Her role on the team seemed inconsistent also.
Agree with you and Kelly. She didn't have the kind of year that I expected after what she did last year. I think it's as simple as I'm not sure the new regime was a great fit for her.

i suspect her announcement is closely related to Fair’s announcement.

Fair and Woolley are going to play a lot of minutes at guard next season. I am guessing Teisha is looking for starter minutes and she will probably find them somewhere else.

Thought she was the best athlete on the team the last couple of years but she was not herself this season, Believe she had some DNPs and other games where she didn’t play much. When she did, she made a lot of senseless unforced turnovers and generally looked lost,

Have to believe she was hurt most or all of the season. She was a joy to watch play and I wish her well wherever she ends up. Thanks for the memories TH!
I agree it's probably related to the Fair announcement now that you mention it. I suspect Teisha was looking for more of a team leader role like she had last season.

Wish her well but not surprised. Woolley took over the shooting guard role. Fair point. Kennedy and mcnabb developing. Minutes would be limited.

Wish her well but not surprised. Woolley took over the shooting guard role. Fair point. Kennedy and mcnabb developing. Minutes would be limited.
Minutes wouldn't be limited, we've been 3rd guard offense all year. Rice already said she wasn't playing next year so minutes are there. Feels more like she wants to play where she'll be more of a focal point.

Minutes wouldn't be limited, we've been 3rd guard offense all year. Rice already said she wasn't playing next year so minutes are there. Feels more like she wants to play where she'll be more of a focal point.
She hadn’t started since missing a few games at the end of January. She started but had some rough games playing limited minutes just before those DNP‘s at the end of January also. She was actually playing more minutes despite not starting towards the end of the year including the NIT. She played 30 minutes last game against SHU despite not starting. I appreciated not only her talent, but her willingness to stick with SU through the tough times when others bailed. Wishing her the best but wish she was staying too.

She really helped us to pull ahead in the Seton Hall game. Had some key scores. Perkins looks really good and with Fair returning her role was only going to be diminished. Kuddos for her when she stuck with the program at the very low point. I only wish her well.

She really helped us to pull ahead in the Seton Hall game. Had some key scores. Perkins looks really good and with Fair returning her role was only going to be diminished. Kuddos for her when she stuck with the program at the very low point. I only wish her well.
Perkins has had some nice moments however Teisha has shown she can be 20pt scorer, good defender. I was looking for Teisha to fill Alaina's role especially if we pressed teams. Hopefully, we have success in the portal.

Perkins has had some nice moments however Teisha has shown she can be 20pt scorer, good defender. I was looking for Teisha to fill Alaina's role especially if we pressed teams. Hopefully, we have success in the portal.
Teisha will definitely be missed. She also demanded defensive attention when on the floor. We will definitely need some more portal help. Sad we’re losing her, would have loved to have her continue to be an important piece in the resurgence of the program.

She has a post on her instagram page with ice packs on both her knees as the team seems to be leaving from the SHU game.

Also she was at the WLAX game last night cheering on the ladies. That just doesn't seem like a person getting ready to enter the portal.

Last edited:
She has a post on her instagram page with ice packs on both her knees as the team seems to be leaving from the SHU game.

Also she was at the WLAX game last night cheering on the ladies. That just doesn't seem like a person getting ready to enter the portal.

How reliable is this "World Exposure TP"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom