Temple IPF | Syracusefan.com

Temple IPF

My view of the IPF has changed.

Initially, my thought is we needed to get one up ASAP. Anything would be an improvement over what we had. It could have been a cookie-cutter design, but that wouldn't matter.

However, I now think we should wait to build up the pot with some ACC money. Use the funds to build a facility that can at least be considered a state of the art, "top tier" facility.

While SU will never catch Alabama, Texas, Ohio State in the Arms Race, at least we can be in the upper eschelon.

My view of the IPF has changed.

Initially, my thought is we needed to get one up ASAP. Anything would be an improvement over what we had. It could have been a cookie-cutter design, but that wouldn't matter.

However, I now think we should wait to build up the pot with some ACC money. Use the funds to build a facility that can at least be considered a state of the art, "top tier" facility.

While SU will never catch Alabama, Texas, Ohio State in the Arms Race, at least we can be in the upper eschelon.

I would just like ours to be on par with, or better than upper level Texas HS facilities.

I think we can all agree that the IPF is a recruiting tool. What good is a new IPF if its already outdated before a single brick has been laid?

My thoughts are if we drag our feet talking about the If and When we lose out on the Here and Now.

I sincerely hope my donation is not going to sit in an account for 10 years collecting a pitiful amount of interest and dust.

Ollison was interviewed on TOS and said: "They are building a brand new indoor facility, practice facility a bubble and stuff like that..."
Certainly hope it is not abubble. May just be a kid who doesn't know the specifics and just assumes it is a bubble.

Temple University has announced it is building a "new" (sort of) Indoor Practice Facility for its football team. Expected to be ready by August 1. How's things going on the announcement of our new IPF? Renderings almost ready?

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/owlsinq/Temple-building-indoor-football-practice-facility.html
Is this the same one they announced on June 3, 2012? http://articles.philly.com/2012-06-...door-practice-practice-facility-steve-addazio

From a recent article:
"Construction of an indoor practice facility inside the vacated student recreation center across from Geasey Field on 15th Street will be completed on Aug. 1."

Sounds like a Manley-type conversion and at 32,000 square feet, it's rather small.

Well, definitely not the size or sophistication of the rumored SU IPF. And that is a good thing. We are ACC, not AAC.
Not even as large as Manley I believe...and it's taken them quite a while to get there.