Tennessee fires Jeremy Pruitt / hires Josh Heupel | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee fires Jeremy Pruitt / hires Josh Heupel

Is this an early April Fool's post?

Doug Marrone has ties to Tennessee and I bet could coach there.
It would recruit for itself.

Or they could go after David Cutcliffe.

tenor.gif

Pruitt at DC with Bill O’Brien at OC for Bama next year is a strong combo.

Other rumors are they bring Stoutland from the Eagles to replace Flood as OL coach. Sumlin has apparently been in Tuscaloosa and at the NC on Monday and potentially will be the new TE/ST coach. I think Sumlin one is a stretch though.

Clay Travis and his rube friends would go nuts if they hired Marrone. they had Schiano and went ballistic over his hiring. They used the Paterno situation as a fake news cover. I assume it'll be Freeze and he'll be a disaster there

I feel like that has been floated before and he may have turned them down.

Doesn't Marrones wife come from the Tennessee area? Wasn't her dad a coach at a high school there or am I not recalling that accurately?

Doesn't Marrones wife come from the Tennessee area? Wasn't her dad a coach at a high school there or am I not recalling that accurately?
Correct. Boots was coaching Middle Tennessee a long time before Scott got there.

Marrone's name is out there for the job for sure. Kind of weird though with the hiring of Kevin Steele, etc. Who knows what is going on over there, could be just some boosters forcing him out as well, who think they can do it. Fulmer retiring as well, what a mess

I can't see Doug wanting to deal with boosters etc at this point. He will be O Line coach somewhere next year in the NFL and if I had to guess it will be Atlanta

Tennessee is targeting Marrone friend Bill O’Brian for the HC job.

That would be hilarious if left Alabama before even coaching.

Okay, Phil. You were hired to do one job and the guy you hired is getting fired.

I love how dysfunctional Tennessee is. Living amongst UT fans woukd be unbearable if they got football figured out since my teams suck right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom