Tennessee tries to get out of contract with UConn... | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee tries to get out of contract with UConn...

Way to go, UCONN... Officially too cupcake to be a cupcake
sad husky.jpg

Was listening to Edsal on ESPNU radio the other day during the AAC media day. His team is really young. They are going to struggle this year. You could hear it in his voice.

Chattanooga or East TN State would bring more fans. Kevin Ollie approves.

Contract signed after UConn's good season in Big East. Tennessee has been trying to get out of it ever since.

Tennessee Attempting To Renege On Home-And-Home Contract With UConn, Randy Edsall Says
I bet the last time they played an away game north of the Mason-Dixon line was against Syracuse.

They signed a contract. I think Tennessee is not acting honorably here. Phillip Fulmer is a creep.

At least they didn't play the game in Tennessee and then cancel the game in Connecticut, like Syracuse did with Wyoming.

I bet the last time they played an away game north of the Mason-Dixon line was against Syracuse.

They signed a contract. I think Tennessee is not acting honorably here. Phillip Fulmer is a creep.

At least they didn't play the game in Tennessee and then cancel the game in Connecticut, like Syracuse did with Wyoming.

Yeah i feel bad for UConn here. I hope they get a pound of flesh for this.

Granted I have a family connection to Wyoming, but that always bothered me how that situation was handled. I realize we paid the buyout as the contract stipulated. But they did us a favor coming to the Dome.

Sounds like a money play by a cash-poor UConn program, using press leaks to shame the Vols into a payout.
UConn has a signed contract with Tennessee for the 2 game series . Normally, the contract has a clause that allows both sides to buy out the series, usually for a substantial amount of money.

Pretty sure Edsall is trying to use the press to pressure the Vols into honoring the contract instead of taking the buyout option.

Michigan has bought out a couple of contracts recently. I think acting this way can cause problems scheduling games in the future. Trust is a two way street. Canceling series late can really screw up the other school.

Michigan backs out of another Power 5 series contract

UConn has a signed contract with Tennessee for the 2 game series . Normally, the contract has a clause that allows both sides to buy out the series, usually for a substantial amount of money.

Pretty sure Edsall is trying to use the press to pressure the Vols into honoring the contract instead of taking the buyout option.

Michigan has bought out a couple of contracts recently. I think acting this way can cause problems scheduling games in the future. Trust is a two way street. Canceling series late can really screw up the other school.

Michigan backs out of another Power 5 series contract

Maybe, but from reports it sounds like UConn already is resigned that the Vols are not coming to East Hartford.

Apparently it's down to whether or not there would be a game in Knoxville, but at present there is no tentative date for such a game.

Sounds like a money play by a cash-poor UConn program, using press leaks to shame the Vols into a payout.
Ding ding.
UConn is so desperate for financial assistance due to the AAC they are literally holding off for a payout.
If it wasn’t so sad it would be a lot more funny..... but what the hell its hilarious how desperate they look with this stance.
We should never play them again as we have BC for New England alums.

Such a bad look. They should get Blumenthal down in DC to sue for them.

Maybe, but from reports it sounds like UConn already is resigned that the Vols are not coming to East Hartford.

Apparently it's down to whether or not there would be a game in Knoxville, but at present there is no tentative date for such a game.
If the Vols have an buyout, I agree, they will surely use it. Randy is just burning a bridge complaining about it publicly. Burning bridges is something Randy is good at...

Syracuse had a home/home with Ohio State and Dr. Gross let the Buckeyes out of the deal without a problem.
Penn State-Syracuse had a home-home in 2020/2021 we let them out.
Wisconsin let us out of a home/home .

I mean UConn hold off for that payoff. Tennessee can get 2 million for one home game if they have to pay UConn 1 million they will.
UConn making Tennessee pay that 1 million is their right but it will burn bridges.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Syracuse had a home/home with Ohio State and Dr. Gross let the Buckeyes out of the deal without a problem.
Penn State-Syracuse had a home-home in 2020/2021 we let them out.
Wisconsin let us out of a home/home .

I mean UConn hold off for that payoff. Tennessee can get 2 million for one home game if they have to pay UConn 1 million they will.
UConn making Tennessee pay that 1 million is their right but it will burn bridges.
Those were all P5 series. Yukon doesn’t make that grade. It’s a big deal for them to get a home-and-home series with a P5 program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom