Terrence Jones Declares | Syracusefan.com

Terrence Jones Declares

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Dan Rieffer @drieffer
Not that we don't already know, but ABC 36 has confirmed Terrence Jones will declare for NBA draft. Announcement could be as early as tmrw.

What a recruiting PR moment for Cal. My entire starting team is going to be 1st rounders in the NBA draft and mint 5 new millionaires. So all you future HS top 10'ers look how great it is to play for me.Got to hand it to him. This will keep the HS recruits lining up and salivating to play there.

Did any other player in the entire country hold a full blow press conference?

What a recruiting PR moment for Cal. My entire starting team is going to be 1st rounders in the NBA draft and mint 5 new millionaires. So all you future HS top 10'ers look how great it is to play for me.Got to hand it to him. This will keep the HS recruits lining up and salivating to play there.
until the one-and-done rule is changed

I wonder if Jimmy Dykes will moderate? I'm sure he'll be there if only to get off on the annoucements. :rolleyes:

Or he might get Coach Cal off

If they change it to 2 years, he'll just have to settle for the best class every other year, i guess, right?
Or just bring in the top 3 players every year

Yup. If you are an elite player who only plans on sticking around for one year, there is basically no better school right now than UK.

I will say, if none of these guys (Wall, Davis, etc) make a real leap into top 10/20 player territory in the NBA, I think the shine will wear off a bit. But by then, I'm sure Cal will be somewhere else.

I think the order of the odds of someone making that leap go Davis, Cousins, MKG, Wall.

I think the order of the odds of someone making that leap go Davis, Cousins, MKG, Wall.
I honestly think Wall can make that leap but he is surrounded by the biggest joke of guys to ever be called a NBA team, name me two or three other guys on that team that you would want on your team if you were building for the future.

Ya, Wall just plays so out of control and doesn't seem to make anyone better. He's not a great shooter.

I really hope Cousins has a late career maturity so we can at least see him somewhat reach his potential.

I'm not as high on Davis as other people. I think his cap is Camby (and I think Camby is a great player), but people are making him out to be an instant team changer like a Duncan which I think is insane. Especially if he ends up on the Bobcats or Wizards. I think he'll be a very good defensive player, but I don't think he can come in and dominate in the NBA.

I love MKG as a college player. I think he is going to fall into a big bucket of athletic wing players in the NBA and not be a standout.

I think the best comparison for Anthony Davis is Kevin Garnett

I kinda agree with the Garnett comp; though it may not be fair to say it's his best comp since KG is like one of the 20 best players ever.

But I could see Davis being a Garnett type player if everything goes right for him, absolutely. That was a name I dropped before. I think Davis will easily have more of an offensive game than Camby; he was knocking down some 18-20 footers as the season went along (the classic KG shot), and he has pretty decent handle for a big.