Terry Harris-- dream school syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Terry Harris-- dream school syracuse

goodroc

Starter
DeAnte' Mitchell
NYCHoops.net Staff Writer
Talk about it in the Message Boards
Terry Harris, a 2014 wing, from Dix Hills, NY, has huge shoes to fill.

http://vmedia./uploads/1193/1154280.gif

http://vmedia./images/spacer1.gif

M. Wingate

Terry Harris

Harris is the younger brother of NBA first round pick Tobias Harris and North Carolina State freshman Tyler Harris. Both of his brothers had successful high school careers and received letters, offers and interest from just about every school across the nation.

With any younger brother with a family tree of such success comes added pressure and the younger Harris certainly feels it. "Yes, a little," Harris said. "Just knowing that I'm supposed to be just as good or even better puts a little pressure on me."

Many are going to speculate that since his brothers committed to Tennessee and North Carolina State that those schools hold an advantage early in his recruitment; that isn't the case. In fact, the rising 6-5 wing has different plans in mind.

Harris is wide open and taking in all the college interest. However, Harris is hoping to hear from a certain college program.

"Syracuse is my dream school," he said. "I'd love to hear from them." With Syracuse being the in-state school, the 6-5 wing is bound to hear something from Jim Boeheim and the Syracuse Orange. Even without hearing from the Orange just yet, Harris said that Syracuse already has an advantage in his recruiting process.

Outside of his love for the Orange, Harris has received early interest from high major programs, including both Tennessee and North Carolina State. He hasn't picked up any offers just yet but has still attracted many colleges across the nation.

Out of all the schools, he's looking for certain specifics about a school for them to be considered strongly. "I look for a school that'll help me improve my game," he said. "[A program] that has a good team and a great coaching staff."

With an interesting skill set, Harris believes two systems compliments his overall game. "I like to play a motion style offense that involves screens and pick-and-rolls," he said. "I also like an up-tempo game that involves fast breaks."

The process will be time consuming and lengthy and he doesn't expect to make a early decision. "I think I'll make my decision sometime in my senior year," he said. Being the brother of two Division I recruits isn't going to make the process easier instead, Harris believes it will be just as tough. "I think the process is going to be just as hard," Harris said. "[Even] after watching them go through it."

Before the high school season starts, Harris is in the gym everyday working on his game. He's currently working on his quickness and improving his shot off the dribble to prep for another year of competitive basketball at Half Hollow Hill West.

He has an interesting skill set and can shoot the ball well. Similar to his brothers, his game around the rim is magnificent.

"Some of my strengths are getting to the basket, finishing and shooting," he said. "[I'm] improving my defense, staying aggressive on the court and always making smart decisions on the court."

Harris has shown tremendous upside and shouldn't have a problem living up to the hype. He already has many high majors tracking his progress and should add a lot more offers after his sophomore year in high school concludes.

please tell me this is the last Harris kid we have to hear about.

No kidding! I can't remember the details of his 2 older brothers, wasn't the father overly involved in the recruiting process and pretty much called the shots?

No kidding! I can't remember the details of his 2 older brothers, wasn't the father overly involved in the recruiting process and pretty much called the shots?
All you need to know is that the name Torrell was mentioned as much if not more than the names Tobias or Tyler during their recruiting.

Hey Terry....I hear Tenny has a pretty nice program. Winning program, rich history, lots of tournament success and a stable coaching situation....oh yeah, and they'll paint your face on a rock and let you play the point forward.

I wasn't happy about the Tobias Harris situation either, but I think we should give this kid a break.

Let me guess, he wants to be a 'point forward'?

We'll be his dream school until some SEC school gives his Dad an apartment near campus and flights down to see the games.

I wasn't happy about the Tobias Harris situation either, but I think we should give this kid a break.

Yeah, just like we should keep our eyes out for any more of the Marbury family. (NOT).

After the way his father was with Tobias we don't need the headache. And look what happened at tennessee illegal recruiting and coach fired, we don't need prblem parents and players. Let him go somewhere else.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after the Tobias mess wasn't Tyler claiming to have an SU offer and we had to kind'a make it known that we weren't interested because of all the foolishness that went on with the Tobias recruiting? And whats with these fathers that want to send the 5 star kid one place while telling us about how they are helping us out by sending the 3 star or less kid? That being said, if the kid turns out to be deserving and fits our needs when he's a senior, I wouldn't want him punished for all the stuff that happened with his brothers recruitment. We recruit nationally. It is not necessary to put up with any foolishness from anyone or their parents. We can get talent elsewhere.

It's not punishment to decide not to give a kid a scholarship because you don't want the family drama that comes with him.

Please no more Harris recruiting baggage.

If the staff decides he could help the program and if we are really his dream school then I would be all for giving the kid a take it immediately (at whatever time the staff chooses - be it now or later) or leave it offer.

You have got to be kidding ... I do not see this happening especially with the parental garbage that seems to go along with it ... eh eh, no, nyet non ... etc.

I tend to agree. I don't think we should rag on this kid or hold it against him that his dad is a douchebag. You can't choose your parents. He could be a great kid, for all we know.

That said, it doesn't mean we have to take him just because he's an in state kid and he likes SU.

I think we should take him and reserve Mookie's spot on the bench for him. Piss off the old man...:rolling:

There is a great school called LeMoyne that is just across the street...

If he's a player, we'll take him...even with the requisite sins of the father.
But if Torrel Harris injects himself into the process like he did with Tobias & Tyler, then the kid can forget it.
First lets see if he can play.

http://vmedia./uploads/1193/1154280.gif

"Syracuse is my dream school," he said. ". . . "I like to play a motion style offense that involves screens and pick-and-rolls," he said. "I also like an up-tempo game that involves fast breaks."

Perfect, that's us. Harris would be a great get, IMO.

On the gridiron we have a player who's father was perhaps the most notorious "sports parent" in history. Marinovich has been a very solid player for us throughout our turnaround, and yet we probably wouldn't have even looked at him if the old man was as crazy as he used to be, and his younger son didn't learn from what his big bro went through. So I say we wait to pass judgement on the situation.

Is he even talented enough to worry about? If so, do we have the need? And THEN we can start to concern ourselves with papa.

Then there is the time factor. What if Tobias and Tyler have relatively disappointing careers and a salty old JB can just say, "very interested, but it's my way or the highway." Also, the state of the age-limit to enter the draft will have a BIG effect on this. If he's good enough to worry about, he probably enters if the rule goes away. If it's a year, he goes to the highest bidder to bide his time. If it's two years, I think we have a better shot of being involved cause pops SHOULD want to send him somewhere that the kid wants to be AND where he will be properly developed. Finally, let's not forget perhaps the most important fact... That by Terry's signing day, this very well could be Hop's team. If Tobias had come around 30 years earlier, I have a feeling JB may have had a little more patience with the drawbacks.

If he's a player, we'll take him...even with the requisite sins of the father.
But if Torrel Harris injects himself into the process like he did with Tobias & Tyler, then the kid can forget it.
First lets see if he can play.
Why would the father act any differently this go round?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom