Texas A&M | Syracusefan.com

Texas A&M

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
According to Scout they have 34 commits so far? What happened to the 25 ship limit per year?

Home of the 12th man. They have always had trouble counting there :)

I think there will be a power shift in Texas. A&M did the right thing by doing the unthinkable and splitting from Texas.

I think there will be a power shift in Texas. A&M did the right thing by doing the unthinkable and splitting from Texas.

I just took a look at the receivers they have in this year's class. Dam! seriously... Daaaammmmm!

heard this explained a bit on Bill King show this morning - only had 19 in last year's class, so 6 early enrollees this year brings them down to 28 - then at least 1 (the 6'7" receiver) is thought to be likely for juco. Gets them close to 25 and then "there's always ways of massaging the numbers to make it work". Said incredibly they're still involved with some big name 5 star kids, so they're likely to add even further to their 34 kid total. Unreal.

Is CFB at the point where the NCAA needs to legislate you can only "sign" X number of players? Period. If some of those don't matriculate, too bad. You chose poorly. If schools are oversigning because some kids will not be able to meet academic requirements, are we better off sending that message early? Schools are not going to offer you. So either get your grades in order, or plan to go JUCO or prep. Would it help to stop the power schools from over signing, and then just letting 25% of these kids drift off? X number of signings? and X number of grey shirts?

Is CFB at the point where the NCAA needs to legislate you can only "sign" X number of players? Period. If some of those don't matriculate, too bad. You chose poorly.

grailknight.jpg

You should see some of the highway interchanges in Texas ;)

I do. Every day. And still I wonder.

Related to the original discussion is that many UT fans are very upset as they expect to be in contention for the national championship picture annually. Yet, the new A&M seems to be surpassing them. It's nice when the longhorn fans have to slum it with the rest of CFBdom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom