Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC | Syracusefan.com

Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC

Behind a paywall. What does it say?
An announcement could come within a couple of weeks concerning the potential addition of UT and OU to the league, the person said, which would give the SEC 16 schools and make it the first of a national super-conference.

An announcement could come within a couple of weeks concerning the potential addition of UT and OU to the league, the person said, which would give the SEC 16 schools and make it the first of a national super-conference.
It’s a Tuesday night in mid-January, and the Mounties are in Cameron for the 900 pm ESPN2 game.

No wonder Coach K announced his swan song.

If I am the SEC I would take Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and then offer NC State and VA Tech. If they say yes, then you take WV as #20. That would give the SEC a school in every Southeastern state. If they say no, then you take App State to get to 18. They could take WV but they are too far North without a team in VA too.

I wouldn't leave KU BBall for the B1G to grab. Then again who is the B1G going to take as #16? They would offer ND, who would say no. Then who? Iowa State? UConn?

If the ACC wanted to get to 16 they could add WV and Cincy. That would fill in the map and please both FB and BBall. If ND ever came you can get to 18 by adding Temple or UConn. IMO ND would prefer Temple.

Would they P12 consider going East? They can try for KU, Texas Tech, Okie State. Then one of Boise State, UNLV, New Mexico to get to 16, or all three to get to 18. Kansas State I suppose would be an option as well.

Baylor and TCU seem screwed.

$$$$$$$$$$$
I guess so but how much more in any given year? 20 million? I mean...while they aren't on a Bama or Clemson type run...they have been in the playoffs more often...seem to be recruiting as well as anyone not named OSU/Bama/Clemson. I dunno. Maybe Texas is serious and Okie doesn't want to get left behind.

Heck...I'd take a spot in the Big 10 West before joining the SEC (if I were Okie)...money would have to be close

$$$$$$$$$$$
Texas and Oklahoma aren't going to the SEC and be second fiddle to Alabama. ESPN and the longhorns network have something to say about that. Unless the SEC plans to go to at least 18 it isn't happening. The State legislators in both states won't approve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom