Texas RB Randy (Rabbit) Gober offered | Syracusefan.com

Texas RB Randy (Rabbit) Gober offered

TOS says he's camped at Baylor, OK State, and A&M. No offers from any of those schools yet.

Those weight room numbers for a high school junior RB are very impressive.

Is this any reflection of the recruitment of Smith and Edwards?
Nope. Always gotta have fall-back options, even up to the end in case someone decommits. And who is to say that ability-wise, he isn't on par with the guys closer to home?

Nothing is certain for either one but Smith
Nope. Always gotta have fall-back options, even up to the end in case someone decommits. And who is to say that ability-wise, he isn't on par with the guys closer to home?
seems to be slipping away I think Edwards is our best hope at this time Getting kids out of Texas isn't impossible but highly improbable. Once the Texas big boys start flashing their colors we start looking like second rate offers.:rolleyes:

Nothing is certain for either one but Smith
seems to be slipping away I think Edwards is our best hope at this time Getting kids out of Texas isn't impossible but highly improbable. Once the Texas big boys start flashing their colors we start looking like second rate offers.:rolleyes:
i don't think the texas big boys ego will let them go after a 5'9" running back (ie, rodgers brothers). probably will be competing against low-mid pac 12 schools and other western schools though

i don't think the texas big boys ego will let them go after a 5'9" running back (ie, rodgers brothers). probably will be competing against low-mid pac 12 schools and other western schools though
Precisely. Undersized backs very rarely are recruited just as RB's by big schools. Very much like Morris from GA.

Precisely. Undersized backs very rarely are recruited just as RB's by big schools. Very much like Morris from GA.
Morris is 6'1" 190...that is no undersized at all. He only played Rb for his junior and senior, so he was seen as a risky project type back to the SEC schools. It had nothing to do with his measurables.

He doesn't look as fast as I was hoping, but any kid playing at a good-sized Texas HS is probably worth a shot regardless.

He doesn't look as fast as I was hoping, but any kid playing at a good-sized Texas HS is probably worth a shot regardless.
He's a 4.5 40 kid, said he's working real hard on improving his breakaway speed.

He's a 4.5 40 kid, said he's working real hard on improving his breakaway speed.

People look a lot slower in highlight tapes in Texas because the field doesnt have a ton of scrub players on it like other states. He would be a 3,000 yard back in New York

You guys are probably right. Usually in these tapes you see the back blowing away the defenses. Still, I would hope he gains a step, because he moves laterally very well and found room in the moving line with ease

Just spoke with Gober, who said his top 5 right now is Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma St, Syracuse, and TCU
hmmm - one of those schools seems to be a lot further away than the others :rolleyes: going to be a serious uphill climb to get him to leave that region....

Run, Rabbit, Run!

Probably not a lot of John Updike fans on this board, huh?

Interestingly, he said he got his nickname from his mom and track coach because when he was 9, he used to beat up on the 13 and 14 years old in track.

Interestingly, he said he got his nickname from his mom and track coach because when he was 9, he used to beat up on the 13 and 14 years old in track.

Did "Rabbit" tell you who was recruiting him from SU?