Thamel reporting WVU already accepted invite to Big12 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel reporting WVU already accepted invite to Big12

And still, we wait on Mizzou. 2 more weeks? These guys need to **** or get off the pot already. They are the domino that could speed up our departure to the ACC. I was thinking we were definitely going to be gone in 2012 (despite Marinatto's continuous claims to the contrary), but now its looking more like 2013

If you read between the lines (or read Thamel's columns), Missouri to SEC is going to happen, and the two week delay is merely the time frame required for them to work through the process. It is similar to the A&M process, where the SEC wanted as many of the financial and legal issues addressed as possible before the move was formalized. In that context, the Missouri move is a done deal.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.946950,-87.724734

I think MO would like to be out yesterday, it's the legal issues that are holding it up.

Temple a rising football program? :confused:
Yeah I noticed that too. They do lead their division of the MAC with a 3-2 conference record. Though overall they have the 5th best conference record. Yep that's rising alright! Wonder how their attendence is. How fast do you think UC & Lousiville get on the phone and start begging the Big 12 to take them. UC new AD just came from Missouri, wonder if that works for or against them?

A&M went faster. There is a hang up with the SEC about divisions. That's why this is taking so long. And there are probably some bad feelings about Missouri clearly preferring the Big 10 and saying so publicly.

And there are probably some bad feelings about Missouri clearly preferring the Big 10 and saying so publicly.

I think there was scuttlebutt that a certain Texas lackey was actually behind those comments, not Missouri.

Good for them. Travel is going to suck, but at least they landed at the table. I hope like hell that we can continue to play them. If the ACC chooses that 10-game schedule that has been floated, it will be hard for us to find space for my preferred OOC opponents (Penn St & WV).

With this move, the eastern independents that mattered have now been gobbled up. Throw the gristle to the dog.

Marinatto is going to be PISSED when he finds out tomorrow.

Only if he is going to be in the press box for some game tomorrow. He may have to wait until Saturday.

Only if he is going to be in the press box for some game tomorrow. He may have to wait until Saturday.

He will find out at the Pitt/ UCONN game, he will be sitting with whoever the UCONN AD is

Good for them. Travel is going to suck, but at least they landed at the table.

I don't think the Big 12 necessarily will have a seat at the table, long-term.

The Big 12 seems to be a Texas leverage trick, like the BE was/is for Notre Dame. I'd guess that WVU will be TCU-ing their way to the SEC before all is said and done.

Only if he is going to be in the press box for some game tomorrow.
Yukon @ Pitt, tomorrow at 8:00 on the WWLiS (the "Uno").

Good for WVU. I was hoping they would get to the ACC eventually but good for them for securing a seat at the table.

I heard there will be a presser tomorrow
As every BE team has said for the last 2 months...

27535_101426496574647_6989_n.jpg

UNITYYYYY!

They do for now, and throughout the next metastable state of expansion. The important thing was for them to get out before the "Big East" BCS bid goes up for renewal in a couple years. If Texas and ND continue to be jerks, we may sit still for a while with the new configurations.

The B12 will have a seat as long as Texas and OU are there. Where exactly is Texas going? The rather be in the B12 than P12. The B1G won't work because Texas has too big an ego. Four of 16 is dead.

I'll bet Marinatto wishes he had TWO cell phones, like Doc Gross. LOL

He will find out at the Pitt/ UCONN game, he will be sitting with whoever the UCONN AD is
Maybe, maybe not. He was hoping to watch the Providence basketball team practice tomorrow.