Thank You Syracusefan | Syracusefan.com

Thank You Syracusefan

Shenexon

All American
It’s not easy to post positive themes when there is so much negativity in the air, but I’m the optimistic sort. I’ve gotten to go to four games this year, have been able to participate in the Fine tailgate, and cheered with Tomcat. I spent time chatting with Reed, Jarhead Jim, CuseTroop, Beadle, Weedsport Warrier, Cuseguy, DCCuse, GO96, RayinVa, HakAttack, Cusealltheway, DECuse, and many others. For me that’s a great year.

I wish we’d started stronger as a team this year but you’re never as good as you think or as bad as you fear. There are better times ahead & still time to play better.

I mainly want to thank the benefactors, admins, and posters that make this place so cool. The group of folks here are impressive in many areas. The more folks I get to know, the more I’m awed by the expertise possessed by this group. Honor each other.

It’s about time for me to head home again and participate remotely until next year, but it’s been great to hang out a bit. When I get home I see a few people a week and eat my own cooking. The nearest restaurant is 40 minutes away. I like that life but feel spoiled being in a crowd and being cared for. It’s been a treat.

Special thanks to Cuselegacy, Tomcat, OrangeXtreme, CTO, Orange79, Bees, and all the admins. This is still my favorite place that is no place. No matter where I am, you make it possible to be here.

Thanks also to the Fine tailgate organizers & facilitators: Consigliere, Texanmark, Cuseregular, Jeremy, Ottomets, and many others I don’t know well. You guys put on an amazing party week after week.

Lastly, thanks to Dan Johnson. I wouldn’t be here without him. As I walked by Hendricks Chapel from the Dome on Friday, I heard a young college kid bragging on the Ernie Davis statue to his parents. That’s your memorial too, Dan...

Last edited:
It’s not easy to post positive themes when there is so much negativity in the air, but I’m the optimistic sort. I’ve gotten to go to four games this year, have been able to participate in the Fine tailgate, and cheered with Tomcat. I spent time chatting with Reed, Jarhead Jim, CuseTroop, Beadle, Weedsport Warrier, Cuseguy, DCCuse, GO96, RayinVa, HakAttack, Cusealltheway, DECuse, and many others. For me that’s a great year.

I wish we’d started stronger as a team this year but you’re never as good as you think or as bad as you fear. There are better times ahead & still time to play better.

I mainly want to thank the benefactors, admins, and posters that make this place so cool. The group of folks here are impressive in many areas. The more folks I get to know, the more I’m awed by the expertise possessed by this group. Honor each other.

It’s about time for me to head home again and participate remotely until next year, but it’s been great to hang out a bit. When I get home I see a few people a week and eat my own cooking. The nearest restaurant is 40 minutes away. I like that life but feel spoiled being in a crowd and being cared for. It’s been a treat.

Special thanks to Cuselegacy, Tomcat, OrangeXtreme, CTO, Orange79, Bees, and all the admins. This is still my favorite place that is no place. No matter where I am, you make it possible to be here.

Thanks also to the Fine tailgate organizers & facilitators: Consigliere, Texanmark, Cuseregular, Jeremy, Ottomets, and many others I don’t know well. You guys put on an amazing party week after week.

Lastly, thanks to Dan Johnson. I wouldn’t be here without him. As I walked by Hendricks Chapel from the Dome on Friday, I heard a young college kid bragging on the Ernie Davis statue to his parents. That’s your memorial too, Dan...
ghost hug.gif

It is my honor sir, to spend time with you and call you my friend.

Safe travels Don!

Great work... I was just saying to myself the other day that the atmosphere was so toxic, so it’s GREAT to hear a little positivity.

Thank YOU for that.

Trolling for Tees...:rolleyes:
Certainly a valid way of looking at it...however, my perspective is that we spend way too much effort being critical of each other and not nearly enough effort cheering each other on.

There are many things I’m cynical about, but not about the folks that create the infrastructure that keeps me connected to a semblance of SU fandom. I play hermit most of the year but managed to find a way to go to football games & tailgates this year. Cool stuff when I can get it.

The time for me to express gratitude is while it’s fresh in my porous memory. Maybe that’s why I’m generally an optimist...I forget the bad stuff fairly quickly and highlight the good stuff as often as I can. In the end, the most consistently good part of being a sports fan is the shared camaraderie. For me, being a “Syracusefan” has yet to disappoint...

Certainly a valid way of looking at it...however, my perspective is that we spend way too much effort being critical of each other and not nearly enough effort cheering each other on.

There are many things I’m cynical about, but not about the folks that create the infrastructure that keeps me connected to a semblance of SU fandom. I play hermit most of the year but managed to find a way to go to football games & tailgates this year. Cool stuff when I can get it.

The time for me to express gratitude is while it’s fresh in my porous memory. Maybe that’s why I’m generally an optimist...I forget the bad stuff fairly quickly and highlight the good stuff as often as I can. In the end, the most consistently good part of being a sports fan is the shared camaraderie. For me, being a “Syracusefan” has yet to disappoint...
Luv ya Don O! Safe travels, enjoy the quiet life and see you next year!

Whoa, this post might be one of the best I've read on here. The sincerity was outstanding. This made me feel a lot of things. Really brightened my day. Needed it! Thanks.

Don is too nice a guy for the hot take zone this place tends to be. It's like playing golf with Gandhi.
I’ve gotten nicer as time passes. When I worked for FEMA, my nickname was Snakes...I managed a software development project in the 90s and was on a conference call with a lot of stakeholders and our development contractors when the contractor’s lead said: “Ooh...Don, you’re mean as snakes!”...the name stuck for a decade...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom