Thankful | Syracusefan.com

Thankful

SUGIANT

2nd String
Ya know I’ve been around here for a very long time, must be close to 30 years on this board or their precursors. I don’t post much any more because I hate the negativity and trashing of young players by many of the posters. Kind of look at the old guard only.

As I run through todays posts I see things like I quit, I’m scared and more. These posters have the right to say what they like and I‘m certainly disappointed in how the team is performing, football and basketball. Colgate was a bad loss and VCU on top of it made it seem that much worse. Maybe expectations for the team were way to high, I think it’s to early to tell as JB has a knack of turning these teams around.

in the 90s I would scream and yell at the tv and have my day/night ruined by losses. I’d argue with people on the board in support of the team usually. I was not a proponent of firing Coach P for instance and I thought their treatment of him and Deleone was reprehensible by fans. I came to agree he should go after the Rutgers “wind“ game I think. But have come to think it was not handled the best. It also marked a distinct decline in FB.

Let me say I have never been embarrassed by SU teams. For one I really have no right. I’m a huge fan, townie and not a grad. Though very familiar with Marshall St.. For 2 my ego is not hooked to SU, even if my passion is. This is how I feel, I watch every game I can here in CO. But I refuse to trash players and I generally have no issues with coaches as they seem to generate good men, and women from their teams. That’s the bulk of their job in my view and the real win.

This is not about telling people they’re wrong, just adding a different perspective for people to think about. I feel it’s great to have this team to cheer for having done so since I was old enough to. I’m thankful and grateful for the connection they provide from home, never more evident when I was deployed in Desert Storm, yep I’m that old. I hope they are going to get better and will cheer until the last second for that win. Go SU…..!

Happy Thanksgiving! Be thankful and grateful for all you have!

Last edited:
Things will turn around.

Starts with a win Saturday!

Go Cuse

Ya know I’ve been around here for a very long time, must be close to 30 years on this board or their precursors. I don’t post much any more because I hate the negativity and trashing of young players by many of the posters. Kind of look at the old guard only.

as I run through todays posts I see things like I quit, I’m scared and more. These posters have the right to say what they like and I‘m certainly disappointed in how the team is performing, football and basketball. colgate was a bad loss and VCU on top of it made it seem that much worse. Maybe expectations for the team were way to high, I think it’s to early to tell as JB has a knack of turning these teams around.

in the 90s I would scream and yell at the tv and have my day/night ruined by losses. I’d argue with people on the board in support of the team usually. I was not a proponent of firing Coach P for instance and I thought their treatment of him and Deleone was reprehensible by fans. I came to agree he should go after the Rutgers wind game I think. But have come to think it was not handled the best. It also marked a didtinct decline in FB.

let Me say I have never been embarrassed by SU teams. For one I really have no right. I’m a huge fan, townie and not a grad. Though very familiar with Marshall St. For 2 my ego is not hooked to SU, even if my passion is. This is how I feel, I watch every game I can here in CO. But I refuse to trash players and I generally have no issues with coaches as they seem to generate good men, and women from their teams. That’s the bulk of their job in my view and the real win.

this is noht about telling people they’re wrong, just adding a different perspective for people to think about. I feel it’s great to have this team to cheer for having done so since I was old enough to. I’m thankful and grateful for the connection they provide from home, never more evident when I was deployed in Desert Storm, yep I’m that old. I hope they are going to get better and will cheer until the last second for that win. Go SU…..!

Nice post.

As I age, I seem to get worse at most everything. On the positive side, one of the few things that actually gets better as you get older is your sense of perspective.

I am thankful for that.

I am thankful for missing the Colgate game. Was in Raleigh for that, getting my soul crushed by the evil NC State football team.

I am thankful for good health, a good family, good friends and a good job.

I am thankful for this board, which has probably saved me from doing awful things like kicking dogs.

And I am very thankful that this troubled basketball team gets a chance to play again so quickly after what happened last night. Also glad the game is not starting at 5 pm. No more 5 pm starts this season or ever again please.

Hope all my friends on this board are well. I hope everyone had a chance to get together with family or friends today and have an enjoyable dinner.

And lastly, I hope we have a nice win to talk about sometime around 9:30 pm tonight.

WAR DAMN OTTO! We gotta have this one!

As I run through todays posts I see things like I quit, I’m scared and more. These posters have the right to say what they like and I‘m certainly disappointed in how the team is performing, football and basketball. Colgate was a bad loss and VCU on top of it made it seem that much worse. Maybe expectations for the team were way to high, I think it’s to early to tell as JB has a knack of turning these teams around.

in the 90s I would scream and yell at the tv and have my day/night ruined by losses. I’d argue with people on the board in support of the team usually. I was not a proponent of firing Coach P for instance and I thought their treatment of him and Deleone was reprehensible by fans. I came to agree he should go after the Rutgers “wind“ game I think. But have come to think it was not handled the best. It also marked a distinct decline in FB.

Let me say I have never been embarrassed by SU teams. For one I really have no right. I’m a huge fan, townie and not a grad. Though very familiar with Marshall St.. For 2 my ego is not hooked to SU, even if my passion is. This is how I feel, I watch every game I can here in CO. But I refuse to trash players and I generally have no issues with coaches as they seem to generate good men, and women from their teams. That’s the bulk of their job in my view and the real win.

This is not about telling people they’re wrong, just adding a different perspective for people to think about. I feel it’s great to have this team to cheer for having done so since I was old enough to. I’m thankful and grateful for the connection they provide from home, never more evident when I was deployed in Desert Storm, yep I’m that old. I hope they are going to get better and will cheer until the last second for that win. Go SU…..!

I appreciate your perspective and support your take

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom