Thanks Guys | Syracusefan.com

Thanks Guys

Scoot1217

Walk On
No negative stuff here. Just thanks for a great season. You guys were the the crew like the cat with nine lives. Too bad it wasn't ten as the slow start finally bit us on the ass.

I loved watching you and meeting you and your families after the games, gentlemen all. The seniors, well a great group of gentlemen, and a lot for your families to be proud of. How many were ACC All-Academic first teamers? The future is bright. The coaches, I didn't agree with everything you did, but then again I don't know anything about lacrosse. Underclassmen, wow. Lots of talent. Nate, Steve, Jamie, Sam, Danny, Nick and all plus the new guys. If I missed someone, then show me up.

Coaches, the best. This is a game. You taught them them both the game and life. They are all better men because of the contact with you.

Seniors, I am sure you're feeling the pain. A crossbar here, a call there. That's life. Time is the great healer.

The senior starters; Evan, what are you thinking? 100mph balls coming at you, and you're wearing sweatpants? Marcus, full effort every game. Like guarding Lebron James, 50% successful is a career, and no love. Brendan, "The Bomber," When you got free you were beautiful. I'm a big time "Stones" fan, so how's Jagger? Say hi to Cam for me. Your shot is sick.

Sergio. Man, you're from Florida, are you lost? They don't play much lacrosse there. They will now. You'll run a camp and those little guys will be wearing those 48 jersey's all over the state. Loved meeting your uncles from Utica. Loved the tomato pie. Your parents are great, except I am a bit afraid of your mom. I tried to pull into a parking spot she was 'holding" for Mrs. Evans and she was like the guy in front of the tank. I parked elsewhere.

Nick, you had the best shot ever, a laser. Thanks for coming. I have no idea where "we' would have been without you. You were a star who was happy being a part of a winning team. You played attack and midfield at an AA level. If you didn't come here we would not been as successful. Always in a great mood.

Now my JD boys. I could not not be more proud of you. Scott, you came from a lacrosse family. You should have known not to play defense. You did and you were the best. I sat a next to your dad and watched you grow. That play against Garden City way back when, the take-a-way and pass. "Evans scores at the buzzer!" It was your play and you'll have that forever. Number 11, All-America.

Now, the man. The best for last. Number one high school recruit. Could have gone anywhere. Grew up in the shadow of the the Carrier Dome. Wanted to come here, the only school he wouldn't start at attack, no problem, after all it was "The Cuse." Had injuries that cost him most of two years. It changed everything, but he never complained, just worked harder. The #22 he wore set him up for comparisons and complaints, mostly from people who never competed at the highest level. Again, no complaints. He got healthy and did the unselfish things to make the team better, and his mom ran the tailgate, with a lot of help of course. He had great games, and not so
great games. He always had times for the fans. Kids especially, "Jordan can you sign this? Sure thanks for asking." Jordan Evans, there were 22's that scored more points, but none were better role models. I am so proud of you.

And finally, the MVP. Joe Paluda, we are SU! Yes Joe, WE ARE SU!!!!

Last edited:
The #22 he wore set him up for comparisons and complaints, mostly from people who never competed at the highest level.

Great post. No idea who you are but great post.

Regarding the above sentence that I quoted, I would love to do a correlation analysis between the amount of success (athletic, academic, financial) that individual posters have had in life and how much they complain, especially about wanting to get rid of Boeheim and/or Desko.

My hypothesis is that a good chunk of the posters who scream the loudest and longest about firing people like Desko and Boeheim, guys who have maintained a level of excellence over decades, are the ones who have zero idea how hard it is to compete, and be successful, at the highest levels over a prolonged period of time.

They don't get it because they've never managed to successfully compete at any level, let alone the highest level, in any walk of life.

For those of you who have coached, they remind me of the parents of Little Johnny.

Little Johnny plays lacrosse, sort of.

If he shows up at all, he is consistently being dropped off 45 minutes late for practice and is missing half his equipment.

Cradling is still a mystery and forget about throwing and catching with the strong hand, let alone the weak one.

One game day, he shows up 5 minutes before the game starts.

And, after the game, Little Johnny's mother/father make a beeline for the sideline to understand why little Johnny didn't get the same run as everyone else.

When they don't like the answer, ie. that Little Johnny either misses, or is late, to almost all the practices and cannot throw, catch or cradle, their next move is a barrage of email complaints about the fact that the little Johnny is not a good lacrosse player because the coaches aren't teaching him anything.

They never watch lacrosse with him; they never throw the ball around with him; his stick looks like it was strung by the Mad Hatter and he barely makes it to half the practices, but they don't understand why he isn't the next Mikey Powell and they need someone to blame...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom