Thanksgiving Day message from Floyd Little's wife... | Syracusefan.com

Thanksgiving Day message from Floyd Little's wife...

cto

Administrator
DeBorah Little posted this on Facebook tonight. They are very grateful for all the Syracuse community is doing for them. In addition to the obvious names in her message (including President-elect Biden), Hal Fetner and Dick Thompson are both members of the SU Board of Trustees:

The outpouring of love for Floyd has been so incredible. We have so many people to thank for so many reasons. Thank You
* President-Elect Joe Biden for loving Floyd and calling three times to offer assistance, love and support.
* Chancellor Kent Syverud and Athletic Director John Wildhack for honoring Floyds request and making things happen.
* Joe and Susan Plumeri for your love, and support In so many special ways. I especially appreciate the many meals you sent to help me eat healthy for days to come.
* Coryn Schmidt, Loretta Womack and Lori Smith for the healthy juices and foods. You all feed my spirit and my belly well.
* Hal and Nina Fetner for the absolutely beautiful 44 Orange Roses. They decorated our home with beauty and brought such light, love and pleasure to our holiday.
* Denver Broncos for that amazing honor and tribute to Floyd and for the winning football against the Miami Dolphins. The ball is proudly displayed in Floyds room.
* A Huge Thank You to Dick and Jean Thompson for Blessing the little family with a full thanksgiving meal of our choice. We cooked and your loving and supportive names were in every pot.

We had a truly Blessed Thanksgiving. Our kids came in from around the country and Blessed us with good food and great company.

Before I end I’d like to be sure that you all know that Floyd is home, safe and sound and surrounded by Love and the best care we can find. Never in a million lifetimes would I ever leave him in anyone’s facility. Just so ya know...
We both send Love and Blessings to everyone reading these messages. I’ll be back with
more updates.
Floyd and DeBorah

Last edited:
It is great to hear that family all came in for Thanksgiving. Covid be damned, family is critical and especially when Hospice commences. A quick side note to Hospice Workers. They. Are. Simply. Unbelievable. I talk from my experience when my father passed from cancer. They provide comfort and support for the most challenging times and they do it with grace, kindness and calm. Imagine a career where it's wash, rinse and repeat going through that with families. Those people deserve our respect.

It is great to hear that family all came in for Thanksgiving. Covid be damned, family is critical and especially when Hospice commences. A quick side note to Hospice Workers. They. Are. Simply. Unbelievable. I talk from my experience when my father passed from cancer. They provide comfort and support for the most challenging times and they do it with grace, kindness and calm. Imagine a career where it's wash, rinse and repeat going through that with families. Those people deserve our respect.
Agreed. I have had a couple of experiences as well and they are remarkable. Please consider donating to Hospice care.

A true hero! I will never forget the news headline in the Sunday paper after Floyd's first start as a sophomore. "The big man was little"! I think he scored 5 touchdowns against Kansas!

Dream scenario... Floyd gets the game ball from our win over Notre Dame knocking them out of playoff. I can envision that awesome Floyd smile.

You can’t say stuff like that! The thought alone gets me choked up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom