That close | Syracusefan.com

That close

tino

Walk On
Except for the 2 mistakes intercepting on very first play and the blocked punt together 14 points for ND...THIS GAME IS TIED NOT OUT CLASSED

If CDRW pass isn't tipped, it's not picked, and we win this football game. We had ALL the momentum, defense was Poppin. We score, tie, and win. The tipped INT took the rest of the wind out of our sails...

I suppose you can look at it like that. 22 first downs to 15. 362 yards to 286. 37:40 time of possession to 22:20. Looks like we were manhandled a the LOS to me.
Yea but those mistakes gave them 14 points...without its tied no matter if they manhandled us but only on the run

Yea but those mistakes gave them 14 points...without its tied no matter if they manhandled us but only on the run
If that last punt gets off the were getting the ball back at midfield regardless...

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Those plays happened. The better team won. The better team made far less mistakes. It's not like we had one game with a lot of self inflicted wounds. We've had many, and at this point of the season it's safe to say that's who we are.

If that last punt gets off the were getting the ball back at midfield regardless...
Not so fast. Defense was on empty at that point. We were also down 2 scores to a team that was able to churn out 5 yards/run. game turned earlier on the tipped int. I’m sick of slants. We can’t execute those no matter who the qb is.

Or when Purdue gave us gift after gift with 4th quarter penalties to keep our drive going?
Sound discipline matters as much as how athletically talented you are, and how well you understand x's and O's. It all goes into what you are as a team.

I would have been fine with Dino playing an injured Shrader if the backup came in and looked like Rex Culpepper but I am pretty upset with him for leaving CDRW on the bench for so long. Especially after what we saw last year and knowing how he needs to play to be effective.

We should really be putting an OL at NT for some plays and letting Darton rotate in with the DE as well. Just fill those gaps with a big body for a series or two.

We went up against HORRIBLE QB play the last 2 weeks lets be honest. Pyne made that nice throw on that killer last drive of the 2H when they shouldn't have even got a possession there but that was it to me other than that play he really stunk. So did DJU. Slovis, Travis, and Hartman are going to be major upgrades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom