That Joe Lunardi sure has a sense of humor | Syracusefan.com

That Joe Lunardi sure has a sense of humor

I was about to post the same thing... with exactly the same headline! What a region that would be!

And at MSG,, no less!

One more "real" Big East Championship at the Garden. LOL

His latest bracketology has us as the #1 seed in the East. The rest of the field is like an Old Big East Reunion, with UConn, Georgetown, Villanova and Pitt all in our bracket.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

This is very possible and will probably happen for sure since it seems like the committee has a sense of humor when it comes to our seeding but I am probably just looking through Orange colored glasses!

This is very possible and will probably happen for sure since it seems like the committee has a sense of humor when it comes to our seeding but I am probably just looking through Orange colored glasses!

Note the potential second round rematch with Michigan as well. Lunardi having fun.

No doubt in my mind that the real bracket will look very similar come selection sunday. All old Big East teams will be clumped together.

Note the potential second round rematch with Michigan as well. Lunardi having fun.

I think ultimatly Michigan will be ok and would be surprised to see them as a 8 or 9 seed. If you think about it tho how great would it be to win the NC and kick the dog poo out of every old BE team along the way Big 12 style! Haha!

Not to mention the East is the natural region for a lot of those teams, and it's easier to stick multiple teams in there now that they are in three separate conferences!

I think ultimatly Michigan will be ok and would be surprised to see them as a 8 or 9 seed. If you think about it tho how great would it be to win the NC and kick the dog poo out of every old BE team along the way Big 12 style! Haha!
Mcgary is done for the year right?? That really makes them thin down low. They still have some good shooters,but overall don't see them giving cuse much of a game unless that joker makes a ton of 30 footers again.

So, how many of those teams in the East bracket do we "want no part of"? I'm starting a list.

I'm fine with that bracket myself. ISU is probably the toughest out of the lot.

Cheers,
Neil

No doubt in my mind that the real bracket will look very similar come selection sunday. All old Big East teams will be clumped together.
Who said the committee doesn't have a sense of humor?

I would love for us to play Michigan, esp sans McGary. It would be like playing Indiana as far as attitude for the game.

For the next 5 years expect SU to get bracketed with Georgetown, UConn, Nova all the time. The NCAA is going to delight in this for years. Just get Pitt out of there.

One more "real" Big East Championship at the Garden. LOL

Except Pitt and georgetown would blow it by losing early once again.

I know this board likes to glorify the recent days of the big East but overall the conference did underachive in march. But most of that is due to the combined efforts of georgetown, pity, and notre dame.

That would kill our fellow poster who works at Florida Gulf Coast...
Are you kidding?? I would absolutely LOVE to see Cuse and FGCU play... Of course this season I'd take Cuse by quite a healthy amount FGCU isn't the same team this year even though we should still win the conference..

On a side note I am actually a student at FGCU and volunteered with the team for a couple of years, but not getting paid to do it really doesn't allow me to focus on basketball over real work.:mad:

Wouldn't they not seed us and Nova in the same region to avoid a rematch? I thought that the committee intentionally seeks to avoid that.

Now, if teams win out and meet again late in the tourney as brackets square off [ie in the final four], that can't be helped.

Wouldn't they not seed us and Nova in the same region to avoid a rematch? I thought that the committee intentionally seeks to avoid that.

Now, if teams win out and meet again late in the tourney as brackets square off [ie in the final four], that can't be helped.

I think they just try to avoid that the first weekend, maybe the sweet 16 as well. I also don't think that is a huge priority of theirs, so if there are other thigns in play they can set it aside. For instance, we played Marquette last year in the Elite 8, though that was a 3 v 4 matchup

I get a kick out of looking at the number of teams which will make the dance from each conference and see that the "New (not so improved) Big East" is projected to have an whopping 4 teams. Waaa Waahhhh!

Ironically, we haven't played an ACC team in the NCAA tournament in the past decade. Last time was Maryland in 2004. We've actually played Marquette more times than we've played ACC teams. We've played a ton of Big 12 and B1G teams over the years.

I get a kick out of looking at the number of teams which will make the dance from each conference and see that the "New (not so improved) Big East" is projected to have an whopping 4 teams. Waaa Waahhhh!

I'll tell you something even funnier: the 15-school ACC is projected to have a whopping 5 bids - that's 33% and less than the 10-school BE's 40%. Also, I'd say the Big East has a better chance of getting 5 bids than the ACC has of getting 6. There's even an outside chance the ACC only gets 4 bids too. Now that would be hilarious.

(NOTE: ESPN's bracketology has Maryland in the field because their rules dictate that current conference leaders must be given bids in their system - Maryland is not going to make the NCAA tournament barring a minor miracle.)

His latest bracketology has us as the #1 seed in the East. The rest of the field is like an Old Big East Reunion, with UConn, Georgetown, Villanova and Pitt all in our bracket.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

My biggest concern going to the ACC was that we would be facing the old Big East teams early on in the NCAAs. Teams that know us so well. WE did not have to worry about meeting them until the regional finals before. YOU KNOW the committee will seed us against a GTown or UCONN. If we lose, we lose, but I dread getting bumped by one of old Big East teams.

My biggest concern going to the ACC was that we would be facing the old Big East teams early on in the NCAAs. Teams that know us so well. WE did not have to worry about meeting them until the regional finals before. YOU KNOW the committee will seed us against a GTown or UCONN. If we lose, we lose, but I dread getting bumped by one of old Big East teams.

I think this might be another one of those things everyoine is convinced the committee does. Until they don't.

Though we'll have to see when we get there, but i bet they have a lot more important things to do than match us up against old BE schools

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom