The ACC Better Send Syracuse A Xmas Gift | Syracusefan.com

The ACC Better Send Syracuse A Xmas Gift

anomander

Living Legend
We are basically the only school helping the ACC save face in what was supposed to be an all time great conference. UNC is awful. Duke is over rated, and there is nobody else after them. Oh wait there is Clemson and Wake helping to carry the mantel. What a total let down. Thankfully Louisville comes next year

Win a couple of national titles before you start talking smack on the rest of the league. UNC and Duke have 9 to your 1, and 3 since you won your only NT. I think the ACC is gonna be alright.

Win a couple of national titles before you start talking smack on the rest of the league. UNC and Duke have 9 to your 1, and 3 since you won your only NT. I think the ACC is gonna be alright.

What does any of this have to do with this year? ACC coaches and fans proclaimed this to be the best conference ever. So far the conference hasn't lived up to expectations.

I do think the future is bright, but the only school so far this year carrying the flag is Syracuse. I do think Duke will improve a ton though and think another less hyped team will emerge, but so far it has been a disappointment.

Strongly agree that the future is very bright and couldn't be more excited for Syracuse to be part of the ACC.

nothing wrong with stating it as you see it, he's talking about this current year and I agree with him. SU shouldn't have to bow before kicking ass.

^

My apologies for misinterpreting the OP. However...it is only December. Still cupcake season. March/April is what matters. If Cuse finishes atop the ACC in the standings and advances the furthest in the tourney, he'd have a valid argument. But damn, we haven't even reached conference play yet and this chest beating is going on. A lot of basketball to be played. Smack is best talked after games are won, not beforehand.

^

My apologies for misinterpreting the OP. However...it is only December. Still cupcake season. March/April is what matters. If Cuse finishes atop the ACC in the standings and advances the furthest in the tourney, he'd have a valid argument. But damn, we haven't even reached conference play yet and this chest beating is going on. A lot of basketball to be played. Smack is best talked after games are won, not beforehand.

The rest of the ACC has damaged it's perception for the rest of the season. Their RPI is basically what it will be. For the remainder of the year all the ACC will do is eat it's own. There aren't many opportunity left for big non conference wins. What anybody does in conference play won't sway any perception and the ACC will pay when it comes time for seeding in March

The rest of the ACC has damaged it's perception for the rest of the season. Their RPI is basically what it will be. For the remainder of the year all the ACC will do is eat it's own. There aren't many opportunity left for big non conference wins. What anybody does in conference play won't sway any perception and the ACC will pay when it comes time for seeding in March

No one in the ACC really played anyone aside from UNC and Duke. Cuse's toughest game was #18 Baylor, which was a good win. Hard to get a lot of marquee wins when the majority of the conference is afraid to schedule top teams, though.

1. Win a couple of national titles before you start talking smack on the rest of the league. UNC and Duke have 9 to your 1, and 3 since you won your only NT. I think the ACC is gonna be alright.
Your thoughts on PJ? I recall you saying it was water under the bridge. Also what's your thought on UNC always having empty seats ? Do you think the program might be a facade?

Your thoughts on PJ? I recall you saying it was water under the bridge. Also what's your thought on UNC always having empty seats ? Do you think the program might be a facade?

UNC was #4 in the country for basketball attendance last year, averaging 19,000 per home game, just 3,000 less than 'Cuse's average of 22,000. Since you brought up empty seats, I thought the Carrier Dome could hold much more than 22,000?

(link: http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Stats/M+Basketball/Attendance/ )

As for PJ, that will be resolved by the end of the week. If he doesn't play again for UNC, that's his fault. Glad to get Leslie back tonight though. That's huge moving forward.

UNC will be lucky to be an 8 seed this year.

Welcome to the ACC. I hope during your time here you will take some time to read up on the sport of basketball. Your fanbase seems to be very knowledgeable, but it is clear that you personally have a lot to learn.

No one in the ACC really played anyone aside from UNC and Duke. Cuse's toughest game was #18 Baylor, which was a good win. Hard to get a lot of marquee wins when the majority of the conference is afraid to schedule top teams, though.

that is kind of my point. with the relatively weak schedule there should be more teams with gaudy win %. There have been some absolutely brutal losses to horrendous teams. This really kills the conference RPI as a whole, and effects the top teams when it comes to seeding.

i guess i had to make a thread like this since we got talked down to for months from FSU, and Clemson fans over on the football side.

Welcome to the ACC. I hope during your time here you will take some time to read up on the sport of basketball. Your fanbase seems to be very knowledgeable, but it is clear that you personally have a lot to learn.
You don't think they will be an 8 seed? I thought that was a more than fair prediction.

Holy its December...

ya we are more then half way through December the non conference schedule is basically done. there really aren't any matchups of significance left. my point is from here on out the acc will just beat up on each other. what does that prove bad teams can beat up on bad teams?

that is kind of my point. with the relatively weak schedule there should be more teams with gaudy win %. There have been some absolutely brutal losses to horrendous teams. This really kills the conference RPI as a whole, and effects the top teams when it comes to seeding.

i guess i had to make a thread like this since we got talked down to for months from FSU, and Clemson fans over on the football side.

You should know by now, the ACC has been top-heavy for a while now. With the addition of 'Cuse the top just got even heavier. The bottom middle and bottom still suck, as always.

You don't think they will be an 8 seed? I thought that was a more than fair prediction.

If you are talking about our lacrosse team, that might happen. As far as basketball is concerned, Lunardi has UNC at a 2 seed right now...2-4 seems likely at this point. No lower than 4.

Itso

But the whole league laid an egg against the medicore and bad teams they played. Isn't that the point? Each member has to play well and they ......didn't. Sorry I should have curtseyed before replying. Sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom