The ACC is an ... | Syracusefan.com

The ACC is an ...

bpo57

Living Legend
absolute steaming pile this year. I'm not sure they're better than the Pac-12, they're that bad. There is no reason why SU can't finish in the top 3 or 4 in the conference this year despite their shortcomings and despite the slow start.

Last edited:
Techs a good team, they really make you slow it down took a long time for us to get ahead!

The only team that I have seen so far that is capable of making a decent run is UVA. Many of the traditional powers are horrible.
I haven't seen UVA play so really looking forward to Monday. No one else has impressed at all.

Hmmm. I respectfully disagree. If VT is the #16 team in the country then I’m the second coming of Pearl.
You’re obviously basing this on today’s game. Have you seen them at all other than this or do you just react to the last 5 minutes?

FSU is better than Virginia. Virginia is ok. They are not nearly as good on the defensive end of the floor. They got absolutely clobbered by Gonzaga in a game they never competed in.

You’re obviously basing this on today’s game. Have you seen them at all other than this or do you just react to the last 5 minutes?

Looking at their results I see an impressive OT win against Villanova two months ago and then some wins against either mediocre or outright bad teams. They got drilled by 20 against Penn State, a team that sits at the bottom of the B1G. I get your point that you don't want to overreact to one game but watching some of the other stronger conferences I don't see how VaTech hangs with those squads.

FSU is better than Virginia. Virginia is ok. They are not nearly as good on the defensive end of the floor. They got absolutely clobbered by Gonzaga in a game they never competed in.

A lot of teams have been clobbered by Gonzaga. Hard to imagine that FSU wouldn't have met the same fate. I'd take UVA on coaching alone over FSU.

That Zags game was very early in the season, and the Zags and Baylor are head and shoulders above most of the rest of CBB. Virginia is much improved. All the CBB commenters are talking about it. Their offensive and defensive KenPom numbers are both in the top 10. Their offense is a lot better than the steaming pile they ran out last season.

absolute steaming pile this year. I'm not sure they're better than the Pac-12, they're that bad. There is no reason why SU can't finish in the top 3 or 4 in the conference this year despite their shortcomings and despite the slow start.
There are more than a few reasons why SU might not finish in the top 3-4 of the ACC. There are also a few reasons why they could.

There are more than a few reasons why SU might not finish in the top 3-4 of the ACC. There are also a few reasons why they could.

My point is that a) it's within their capability and b) the challenge is not that daunting.

There are a lot of pretty good to above mediocre teams. There are no great teams. Uva and Fsu are prob the two best teams.

There are a lot of pretty good to above mediocre teams. There are no great teams. Uva and Fsu are prob the two best teams.
Yeah, lots of teams in the 20-60 range but uva will probably be the only acc team expected to make the Sweet 16

Duke is looking at a .500 record if they don't come back vs Louisville.

I mean I said this stuff weeks ago.
I called Duke a bubble team and somebody told me I was nuts.

The ACC is not good.
I knew after we lost to Pitt last week we were going to win games and not finish bottom 5.

Yeah, Gonzaga was brutal. This team is not as good defensively but might be Tony’s best on offense.

We’ve got 4 guys averaging double digits, and another 3 who can on any night. I think this group can be Elite 8 level, with FF possible in the right bracket. We’re not as good as Gonzaga, Baylor, and maybe 2-3 others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom