The ACC Network will launch on Thursday, August 22, 2019 | Syracusefan.com

The ACC Network will launch on Thursday, August 22, 2019

I've been talked down from the ledge. Originally it looked like we would have to ake our first bye that weekend.:vomit:

However, ...

Here's what I have just found out from our board. Greensboro has had Pitt move their Labor Day weekend game against Delaware and it is now likely that we will play them that weekend in Pittsburgh. They have also had VPI move their game and they will likely play BC.

Ive seen projections of an extra $10-$15m per school in annual revenue, which would put acc schools about equal to bigten schools and surpass pac12 school. However, i think bigten schools are about to get an increase too soon so those schools will probably be getting more. Likely how purdue can afford $6m per year for heff brohm.

I've been talked down from the ledge. Originally it looked like we would have to ake our first bye that weekend.:vomit:

However, ...

Here's what I have just found out from our board. Greensboro has had Pitt move their Labor Day weekend game against Delaware and it is now likely that we will play them that weekend in Pittsburgh. They have also had VPI move their game and they will likely play BC.

i will amend my mock schedule accordingly

Ive seen projections of an extra $10-$15m per school in annual revenue, which would put acc schools about equal to bigten schools and surpass pac12 school. However, i think bigten schools are about to get an increase too soon so those schools will probably be getting more. Likely how purdue can afford $6m per year for heff brohm.

Conservative estimates are $5-7 million the first year and then over time reach $10 million to possibly $15 million a year. I'll believe the $15 million per year when I see it.

But at least the conference has a more viable network than the Pac-12 thanks to its partnership with ESPN. Next the conference needs to fix the Orange Bowl deal. Only getting $27.5 million each year the Orange is not part of the playoff (which is less than $2 million per year per team) has put us slightly behind in comparison with the B12 which gets $4 million per team from their Sugar Bowl contract. This despite the fact that the Orange has been getting slightly better ratings than the Sugar in the comparative years. If that keeps up it should increase the overall value of the Orange to at least $70 million (up from the current $55 million) with the ACC getting $40 million and the B1G or SEC rep getting $30 million or when ND is the representative ACC getting $55 million and ND $15 million.

Cheers,
Neil

Conservative estimates are $5-7 million the first year and then over time reach $10 million to possibly $15 million a year. I'll believe the $15 million per year when I see it.

But at least the conference has a more viable network than the Pac-12 thanks to its partnership with ESPN. Next the conference needs to fix the Orange Bowl deal. Only getting $27.5 million each year the Orange is not part of the playoff (which is less than $2 million per year per team) has put us slightly behind in comparison with the B12 which gets $4 million per team from their Sugar Bowl contract. This despite the fact that the Orange has been getting slightly better ratings than the Sugar in the comparative years. If that keeps up it should increase the overall value of the Orange to at least $70 million (up from the current $55 million) with the ACC getting $40 million and the B1G or SEC rep getting $30 million or when ND is the representative ACC getting $55 million and ND $15 million.

Cheers,
Neil

great clarification. this stuff is what interests me. also, how much is uconn getting? ;)

However, ...

At Pitt 2 years in a row?

Cheers,
Neil
The ACC will never get a dollar from Notre Dame's Bowl Game's, ever.

The ACC will never get a dollar from Notre Dame's Bowl Game's, ever.

ND is part of the ACC minor (non-NY6) bowl pool. When it makes a bowl, that bowl's payout is shared with the conference, just as if ND was a football member.

If ND doesn't make a bowl, it gets none of the ACC bowl monies.

ACC Football Rx: 2017 Bowl Revenue, ACC vs ND

At Pitt 2 years in a row?
No, we played them in C’ville this year. It’s kinda funny. Even years, our home games are LMNP, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina, and Pitt. Odd years, they are dook, the Atlantic team, and the two Techs.

It will be 10M first year. The ACC has the most and best content. Football Basketball Lacrosse Baseball and thr Olympic sports. Our population base id growing exponentially.
Home run.

It will be more money, but even with the additional revenue we will be substantially behind B1G $$

It will be more money, but even with the additional revenue we will be substantially behind B1G $$

We don’t play in as many sports as most of the B1G schools do like fencing etc. It would be interesting to see the $’s per sport break down.

The Big Ten contract with Fox/ESPN/CBS(hoops) was a shorter deal because the bubble of TV rights went down.
The future rights deals will include Amazon/Hulu/Netflix/ESPN+/YouTubeTV:
The ACC TV network ideally gets ESPN more households than the SECN.

The SECN doesn’t get ratings outside of football season. They have just recently invested in basketball and the SEC does have good baseball and softball.

The ACCN is going to have football from August till November, then elite basketball, lacrosse and baseball in the spring.
I doubt ESPN will give up a Duke-North Carolina basketball game to the ACCN bit it’s possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom